View Poll Results: What do you think about XavierHoops.com?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Awesome!

61 64.21%
  • It's Great!

23 24.21%
  • It's Good!

11 11.58%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I agree on the site as well. There's no doubt that this site is the Lexus of chatboards whereas MM is the Hyundai that keeps breaking down. (Sorry, I'm in the market for a new car.) If I had to complain about one thing, however, it's that this board breaks down long threads by separating them into mulitple pages.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    I agree on the site as well. There's no doubt that this site is the Lexus of chatboards whereas MM is the Hyundai that keeps breaking down. (Sorry, I'm in the market for a new car.) If I had to complain about one thing, however, it's that this board breaks down long threads by separating them into mulitple pages.
    Do you know you can go to your user CP and change the number of threads on a page to 40?

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Let me jump in on this - not all the mods are bad, only one. Muskieman is a great American and a great person. I've never met Gary but he's a good dude on the board (a little negative), but The Shadow was a straight up jerk.

Regarding the vendettas between posters and mods on MM, it was limited to whatever stupid concern Snipe, Kahns Krazy and Fred Garvin have with Gary Griffin. It's a strange and unrelenting obsession and I hope they keep that crap off this board.
    I should probably just let this die, but since I was brought into it, I'd like to attempt to clarify. My issue with Gary was not personal. I met Gary on several occasions and found him to be a normal person. My issue was with the unrelenting negative tone of his posts. I would have had the same issue with anyone, but the fact that a moderator of the board had such an openly negative attitude about the team bothered me. This season, I thought maybe I could show him just how negative his attitude appeared to some. I was unsuccessful and gave up.

I had issues with others too, and was probably more unrelenting. Because I have met Gary and reasonably expect that I will run into him again, I never said anything to Gary that I wouldn't have said to his face. I'm not sure I can claim the same about the other recent heated discussions I got in. Fortunately, I was able to spot my own shortcomings in a discussion I had with that scalper Artist, and can laugh it off and read his posts without a negative bias I was dangerously close to letting myself make.

I have hot buttons and will probably get in the same stupid arguments here. The nice thing is I believe this site has an 'ignore user' function. If the people that can push my buttons start posting here, I'll find out how well it works.

I've been enjoying the board.

That Horshack guy was a real piece of work. I am still a bit curious to see who it was that attempted to take my moniker and make a mockery of it.

Great read Muskie, thanks for the refresher!

And....happy Birthday big man!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"