Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    My only concern is this: will Redford be able to get his shot off at the college level? Obviously he won't get it off as easily in college as he did in high school. That's probably the case with 99.9% of all kids coming in. But will he be able to get it off enough to be a big time threat? If so, I have no doubts he'll make more than his share of 3's, mid-range jumpers and clutch free throws.
    Why do people ask this? Does everyone here somehow think the kid will not get his shot off?

Our offense gets people open looks, especially the high post pick. I don't think brad takes his sweet time getting his shot off. The kid does play AAU ball. If he was incapable of doing it there, I doubt we'd be that interested in him.

I don't put many expectations on freshmen. Brad should be able though to come in and hit shots.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Talking

Just as you don't enter a stakes horse in a claiming race, you don't red shirt a player like Redford. From the looks of him on that UTube video, the kid can get his shot off faster than I've seen many a high school or college player do. My only concern is his release point is often low, from his waist, but he can shoot from a higher release point and does. The kid also appears to have the ability to see the floor, and he shows in that same vodeo he can stop the ball on a break and rebound. He finds the open man and doesn't appear to be selfish, although if he shoots in college the way he has in high school, I want to see him take even more shots.
    I seriously doubt Sean recruited and signed Michigan's Mr.Basketball to redshirt him. There 13 scholarships taken and I fully expect to see 10 or 11 get plenty of playing time. I can see unit substitution if necessary--Frease, Brown, CJ, BJ and either Dante or Holloway, and Rose, McClean, Graves, Redford and Lyons or Holloway. I can see Walsh and Taylor and either Lyons or Holloway being worked in to one of two u nits.
    Early on, I see Sean doing a lot of experimenting, especially among the big men and the guards.
    I see Derrick, Bj, CJ, and Dante as certain starters at first and Love and Frease and McClean battling for that center spot. It's going to be a fun team to watch, that's for sure. :D

Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    I seriously doubt Sean recruited and signed Michigan's Mr.Basketball to redshirt him. There 13 scholarships taken and I fully expect to see 10 or 11 get plenty of playing time. I can see unit substitution if necessary--Frease, Brown, CJ, BJ and either Dante or Holloway, and Rose, McClean, Graves, Redford and Lyons or Holloway. I can see Walsh and Taylor and either Lyons or Holloway being worked in to one of two u nits.
    Early on, I see Sean doing a lot of experimenting, especially among the big men and the guards.
    I see Derrick, Bj, CJ, and Dante as certain starters at first and Love and Frease and McClean battling for that center spot. It's going to be a fun team to watch, that's for sure. :D
    Who is Rose? I'm flashing back to stringbean Duwaun?sp

Quote Originally Posted by A10fan View Post
    Who is Rose? I'm flashing back to stringbean Duwaun?sp
    I think he meant Love
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

I have a draft copy of the depth chart up. Nothing set in stone... check it out here.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Muskie - move Redford out of small forward and into the 2 guard slots...he's only 6'0. Dante could be listed in the top 3 groups.

Sophomore
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how Miller works all these new players into his system. We have a surplus of talent for next year, and it will be interesting to see who buys-in and who doesn't. This is what I think the starting line-up and bench will look like:

Starters:

PG: Holloway - Of the three freshman that can play the point he is the most suited for the starting position. Lyons and Redford will get some minutes as well but they are scoring combo guards. I see the minutes breaking down possibly: 20/10/10 respectivley.

SG: Jackson - I think Dante is ready to be our defensive stopper and his future is at this position. The only reason I do not have Raymond starting is because of his defense and size. Unless he loses some weight in the offseason and gets quicker he will not be able to stop most teams 2 guard. Dante will log 15-20 minutes with the rest going to Raymond/Graves/Walsh.

SF: Anderson - CJ played 26 minutes a game last year and I do not see those minutes going down. He is out best player going to the rim and he will play a bit at the SF and PF when we go to a smaller line-up. So CJ gets 20-25 at the SF and the rest go to Raymond/Graves/Walsh.

PF: Brown - averaged under 30 minutes a game last year. I see him playing around 30 again next year. The rest of the minutes go to Mclean.

C: Love - Love averaged 18 minutes a game last year, he will split time with Frease and McLean.

Bench: Raymond is going to be our sixth man like Duncan. If you look at Duncan's numbers last year he was our leading scorer at 22 minutes a game. Raymond I think will accept this role and do a great job. After BJ, Mclean is the most ready to play now. The rest of the subs for the most part are unkown. All the freshman and Graves. I do not see Taylor getting any minutes except in garbage time with Joe Hughes and Duckett.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Sophomore
    Naji Hibbert committed to Texas A&M today according to Rivals.com.