Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor King...

Taylor King...

Taylor King announced he was transferring away from Duke and Coach K yesterday. One of my friends plays basketball @ PLU in seattle and Mater Dei HS (Santa Ana, California) PLU has many people from that area of California and King has friends that are mutual friends. Although ESPN and other sources list Nova and Gonzaga as the top contenders King has expressed interest in X and is somewhere on his list likely towards the bottom. when my friend text me this info i originally thought it was totally bogus but after thinking why not? Mater Dei is the most Prominant- private catholic HS in the western united states... I believe X fits the mold and especially being such a consistant winner and coming off an elite 8 Taylor may be taking a look Millers way. I mean who would not want California's 3rd all time leading scorer, a former duke minute getter, and quite the sharpshooter

no this not an april fools prank I am sure it wont happen but If there is a chance then it needs to be put out there (PLU is pacific lutheran university in Seattle, Wash i did not really say that just used the acronym)

I could easily see him going back to the west coast and go to Gonzaga. He can be their best player and play closer to home. Were any reasons ever given why he left?

yeah playing time especially since it decreased as the season went on he was getting roughly 20minutes and then rarely saw the court at seasons end. I agree with the Gonzaga but to have Nova gives the close to home thing a hit... He def. would not be the best player on Nova and they are deep at the 2 and 3 spots with outside shooters.

I don't think we have any available scholarships.

good point XU. I understand the aspect of being a scholarship player and what benefits that reeps..but Taylor King and his family are very wealthy and would have no problem paying for school, etc... I am sure they would figure something out to bring such a high caliber player in especially with the talks of Crawford, ellis just to name a few.

King would be Gonzaga's best player? Doubt that if he wasn't getting enough PT on this Duke team.

Thats why I am hoping Miller is really taking a good look at King I know most of it is out of his hands but hey its worth the shot and if X is anywhere on the list then bring him to X

I saw this too. i don't have 100% recall, but I think he played in like 34 games this year, averaging double digit minutes (at least) and around 5 pts a game. That sounds like a guy getting consistent minutes.

He might have been squeezed for minutes down the stretch, and thats a common thing for freshmen when the seasons nears a close.

I'd have a hard time believing that he leaving for lack of PT. Lots of guys spend a full year or more onthe bench, and that should come as no surprise when you go to a place like Duke, especially with Nelson and Paulus in the backcourt.

I'm guessing he's just homesick, and that means Gonzaga.

No one looked happy on Dukes team this year to be completely honest go on the dukes boards most are saying it is because he feels he will always be under that back court (2-3 spot) Scheyer has turned into a glue guy that is not a liabilty and still is a deep ball threat. King has said to have slow feet and has trouble guarding the athletic G/F in the ACC like a Green or Ginyard. I think it was in fear of future playing time. He wanted a chance to play in big games and hit big shots down the strech they looked elsewhere.

Gonzaga is 1500 miles from southern california homesick would make a little more sense if it was where he originally commited UCLA (esp. since they are loosing a lot) so it still is strange why he transferred but someone will pick up a good ball player in the end (my fingers are crossed for XU)