Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gambling

New England laying 14.5 seems puny considering the Chargers injury situation. I might have me some of that.

I've found my way over here...user name on MM was wudman...but that was old and dated...decided to go with Nigel Tufnel over here for a new start.

Someone previously asked about a website to follow wagers....the best I have found is sportsinsights. You can sign up for free and it tracks wagers from a bunch of different gambling websites, so you can see the percentage of bets being placed on each team. For free membership, the stats are 20 minutes behind, but it is still a pretty decent indication of where the money/bets are going.

Don't think I'll be touching Xavier -8 tonight....one thing I've learned (the expensive way) is that road faves in conference play are a scary proposition.

I'm waiting to see what the Over/Under in the Dayton/Mass game is....if it isn't too high, I will probably be on the over. I watched UMass/St. Joe last weekend and UMass doesn't play a lot of defense....and with the way the Flyers shoot at home, I predict an up tempo, high scoring game.

Also looking at Miss -5.5 at home against Florida. I was impressed with Ole Miss @ Tenn last week.

BTW, nice forum.

Good to see you, Nigel.

This board has armadillos in its trousers.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Glad you finally made your way over here, wudman/Nigel.

This place goes to 11.

All-Conference
    [QUOTE=Nigel Tufnel;2798]

Don't think I'll be touching Xavier -8 tonight....one thing I've learned (the expensive way) is that road faves in conference play are a scary proposition.

QUOTE]

Then why not take Temple?

All-Conference
    [QUOTE=drudy23;2983]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

QUOTE]

Then why not take Temple?
    Like I said.

drudy, just because I don't like giving the points, doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to take them either. Sometimes (ok most times), a no play is the way to go. Usually, if I'm going to take the dog, I have to think there is a pretty good shot they could win the game outright. Before the game, I wasn't sure how good of a shot Temple had at winning the game. I wasn't forecasting a Dionte Christmas fade away three point shooting clinic in the 2nd half....it happened. Glad I wasn't on it either way. Because at the time, it was a play on X or no play at all.