Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Powell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    March is still awesome. The rest of the season (and particularlyl the offseason? It's getting tough.
    If I stop caring about the regular season, my interest in March Madness will surely drop. Might not drop to zero, but it will drop a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    None of this seems to be slowing down the season ticket purchases thus far.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    I don’t think they are saying sport will be dead. Just they aren’t interested. I can see why some lose interest for sure. I love the sport (not just X) and still do

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Yeah I don’t doubt a small number of people will become disinterested. I find it hard to believe any of us that post on here on a regular basis (the die hards) will be among that number but to each their own.

Seems a little contradictory to me that some of the people who argue that the value of the players is driven by the name on the front of the jersey are some of the same people who are becoming less interested by the changing of the players each year.

For me, if it says Xavier on the front, I am interested.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I don’t doubt a small number of people will become disinterested. I find it hard to believe any of us that post on here on a regular basis (the die hards) will be among that number but to each their own.

Seems a little contradictory to me that some of the people who argue that the value of the players is driven by the name on the front of the jersey are some of the same people who are becoming less interested by the changing of the players each year.

To each their own, by yeah I root for the team and not the individual players so much. Maybe when it’s a local kid or someone I have some kind of connection to I will pull for them a little harder.

Evidently the plan was for him to redshirt this year and he wants to play instead. Wasn’t going to happen at X so he will move on. I wish him the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    To each their own, by yeah I root for the team and not the individual players so much. Maybe when it’s a local kid or someone I have some kind of connection to I will pull for them a little harder.

Evidently the plan was for him to redshirt this year and he wants to play instead. Wasn’t going to happen at X so he will move on. I wish him the best of luck.
    Send him to Triple A (Dayton), then we can call him up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Send him to Triple A (Dayton), then we can call him up next year.
    Public reps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore

I am with you on this. We renewed our seats about an hour ago and were able to get the same seats we have had since the Cintas opened. Yes it still says X on the front and yes I can see that we likely will not recruit any freshmen in the future and yes the mid-majors will become our farm system. Things change but i am sticking with it and with Sean.

“No man ever steps in the same river twice. For it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” Heraclitus

I live in the area and have some connections to some high school folks....and while I don't like the trend...I don't think this is a huge loss.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

None of this seems to be slowing down the season ticket purchases thus far.
    Having familiar faces like Free Hunter, McKnight, Swain and Green back expecting to play -all who fans know can compete at this level sure helps.

It will be interesting to see how fans react the following season when most of this team is gone because they’ve run out of eligibility and possibly no freshmen will have been in the team getting minutes. Now that might test some fan’s willingness to buy tickets.

I’d imagine Sean still wants to keep pulling in transfers AND adding at least a few freshmen/sophomores that he can develop (like we’re seeing with Swain and Green).