Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Des Leaving.

Des Leaving.

Film at 11
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Whatever he'll be replaced .This will happen every year.It'll be a sport of one and dones unless something is changed.These guys will play for 3 or 4 different schools in their careers.Sounds like they've signed a few guys who can do what he did. College sports is being ruined by money.

Probably should have upped your donation to Final 2%.

Pretty apparent that Miller has known about this and expected it. We really only lost Q from last years team and bringing in Foster AND "Toledo guy" would have been more than enough to replace him and add some depth at 2/3.

The fact that we were still aggressively pursuing "Indiana State guy" (and that he had interest in us) is evidence that Miller knew this would happen and that he could assure "indiana State guy" that there was a role with plenty of minutes available...

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Probably should have upped your donation to Final 2%.
    lol public and private reps.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Pretty apparent that Miller has known about this and expected it. We really only lost Q from last years team and bringing in Foster AND "Toledo guy" would have been more than enough to replace him and add some depth at 2/3.

The fact that we were still aggressively pursuing "Indiana State guy" (and that he had interest in us) is evidence that Miller knew this would happen and that he could assure "indiana State guy" that there was a role with plenty of minutes available...
    I heard that Des really wanted to stay, but his family was pressuring him to chase dollars elsewhere. If true, guess the family won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Wish Des the best. Brought us (majority) fans some really good memories. Stayed with us during a coaching change. Time to move on but does sting a bit.

Bright side we have about 500k (there about I assume) to upgrade our frontcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I heard that Des really wanted to stay, but his family was pressuring him to chase dollars elsewhere. If true, guess the family won.

wow. I dont know why I'm saying that cause this is not shocking in the least bit. But, if he wanted to stay and we have NIL dollars for him, then how big of a gap is there between our offer and the competing offers? He could have been where he wanted to be with a fair NIL.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Wish Des the best. Brought us (majority) fans some really good memories. Stayed with us during a coaching change. Time to move on but does sting a bit.

Bright side we have about 500k (there about I assume) to upgrade our frontcourt.
    To me, Milers pursuit of 2/3 type players in the portal tells me that he already knew that Dez was going and as a result I bet that 500K that is "freed up" has already been spent.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

I think it was PG position not dollars. Des wants to play the 1, Miller likes McKnight at the 1.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17