Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BE NCAA Money

Sophomore

BE NCAA Money

Just saw this:

Xavier Grit @XavierGrit
    For those curious, UConn, Marquette, and Creighton earned $22m for the Big East during the NCAAT.

That will be split amongst the 11 teams over the next 6 years. That’s $2m/team or roughly $333k per team per year.

Also saw that Xavier has taken in ~33M since joining the BE (see chart below).

Q1: does anyone know how much of that ends up in the Mens BB program, versus overall Athletic Dept., or the university itself?

Q2: can/will any of this be used in the NIL?

Regarding the chart, if you take out 2013 XU has made more than Depaul, SJU, Butler and possibly SH. First, how are those 3 schools close to XU, and how has G-town and Providence collected more, given that we've had much more success in the NCAAs than all those schools? Anyone have any insight to any of this? I's not clear from this graph, but possibly those numbers include payouts from the old BE?

https://twitter.com/PaintTouches/sta...05068740551157

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Just saw this:

Xavier Grit @XavierGrit
    For those curious, UConn, Marquette, and Creighton earned $22m for the Big East during the NCAAT.

That will be split amongst the 11 teams over the next 6 years. That’s $2m/team or roughly $333k per team per year.

Also saw that Xavier has taken in ~33M since joining the BE (see chart below).

Q1: does anyone know how much of that ends up in the Mens BB program, versus overall Athletic Dept., or the university itself?

Q2: can/will any of this be used in the NIL?

Regarding the chart, if you take out 2013 XU has made more than Depaul, SJU, Butler and possibly SH. First, how are those 3 schools close to XU, and how has G-town and Providence collected more, given that we've had much more success in the NCAAs than all those schools? Anyone have any insight to any of this? I's not clear from this graph, but possibly those numbers include payouts from the old BE?

https://twitter.com/PaintTouches/sta...05068740551157

Answer to Q2: No. It is going to the school, so at this point in time, it can't be used for NIL.

X, creighton and butler had reduced shares for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I dont recall that. Source?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it was reduced shares in that they didn't receive any of the residual shares that the Big East was still giving out from the prior years of the conference.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it was reduced shares in that they didn't receive any of the residual shares that the Big East was still giving out from the prior years of the conference.
    Yes, I believe this is correct and what he meant.

Which would explain some other teams having as much or more who made the tourney less.

So if it pays out over 6 years, when X joined in 2014, the BE was getting hsares from 2008 still, so by 2020 X would be on equal footing with the rest of the BE members who would no long be getting old shares.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    When you consider the premium that the Catholic 7 paid to get the Big East name plus the rights to MSG, it stands to reason that Xavier/Butler/Creighton would have a short-term period of reduced shares compared to everyone else.

That is thankfully in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    When you consider the premium that the Catholic 7 paid to get the Big East name plus the rights to MSG, it stands to reason that Xavier/Butler/Creighton would have a short-term period of reduced shares compared to everyone else.

That is thankfully in the past.
    I cant get the story straight. We werent entitled to shares that were earned prior to us becoming members, correct? And i assume neither was Uconn when they joined.

Thats how it almost always works unless you are SMU, CAL and Stanford that are willing to give up their firstborn child to join the ACC.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I cant get the story straight. We werent entitled to shares that were earned prior to us becoming members, correct? And i assume neither was Uconn when they joined.

Thats how it almost always works unless you are SMU, CAL and Stanford that are willing to give up their firstborn child to join the ACC.
    The conference was allowed to make whatever rules they wanted about who got what, but yes, it makes sense that X, Creighton, and Butler would not get any of the money from tourney units earned before they became members.

Although I am sure some conferences would consider doing so if they were really trying hard to lure a school away from another conference or something. But I am sure most new members the same situation happens. It does stink a little for those new members bc they are losing out on any share from their previous conference as well, but obviously well worth it in the end.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I dont recall that. Source?
    I think it was maybe the Atlantic that had the breakdown a couple years ago. I bet Dash would know where to find it.

It’s interesting because what I’m wondering is wouldn’t the American have kept all the past credits?