Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I don't blame Sean for feeling screwed this year. He had a middling, at best team, due to summertime injuries and was dealt the top team in the B1G and the Big12. I think due to the composition of the ACC, that would be a decent matchup with the Big East. As for scheduling, I don't see alot of Power5 schools signing up for Xavier+Miller+Cintas.
    Well as of the last several seasons the slots we could fill those teams with were taken up by the challenge games. I don't think X will have trouble signing up some quality home and home games.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I would love to get games against Gonzaga again. Add Louisville and bring in COC to the Tas...

I would like for the BE to schedule wins. That doesn't mean each team should have the SAME schedule. Uconn right now can schedule a fairly difficult slate and still walk through it. But Gtown and DePaul need to drop down and play some lower schools.

we need teams entering conference play to average 9-3 or so. there will be plenty of chances for good wins once we start playing each other IF we all do the work OOC.

A medicore collective OOC performance PLUS the 20 game conference schedule is a recipe for 3-4 bids.....

(side note....I dont wanna hear the bitching an moaning about XUs schedule last year. I get that Purdue and Houston were kinda "unwinnable", but losing to Delaware, Oakland, and UW is just unacceptable).

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    I would love to get games against Gonzaga again. Add Louisville and bring in COC to the Tas...
    Those games will just not happen. Coaches don't like to play friends unless they have to⁷
    Last edited by JTG; 04-15-2024 at 01:33 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    (side note....I dont wanna hear the bitching an moaning about XUs schedule last year. I get that Purdue and Houston were kinda "unwinnable", but losing to Delaware, Oakland, and UW is just unacceptable).
    I'd be curious to know besides having a 19-14 record, what our KenPom and NET would have been winning those three. I think it would have a significant jump. I'm guessing it's not easily calculable so we can only speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    I'd be curious to know besides having a 19-14 record, what our KenPom and NET would have been winning those three. I think it would have a significant jump. I'm guessing it's not easily calculable so we can only speculate.
    Back in the day, when we used the RPI, I could have told you with 100% certainty EXACTLY what the impact would have been. But the Ken Pom ratings and the NET are both considerably more complicated but not considerably better at measuring relative team strength.