Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    It's currently a dead period meaning you can't have anyone on campus or see them in person. If you're telling me he can only send texts/emails or take/make Facetime calls while in Cincinnati and not on a beach somewhere, I don't know what to tell you.
    I think being in a room with the staff is invaluable.

I’m sure they research and make a few calls on nearly every big that hits the portal. If WE are interested, then some calls need to be made to gauge mutual interests.

Then, conditional situations are developed. Say the #1 center target can shoot threes but isn’t much of a rim defender. Then deep shooting is less of a priority for your other big, but you do need to focus on rim protection. Then your #1 guy commits elsewhere and the next guy has a slightly different skill set and therefore the needed skill sets of players around them will be a little different.

By my thinking you need the following positions filled (barring any additional guys entering the portal).
    - starting SG
    - starting C
    - backup C

This assumes Free and Hunter will be available. Which I think is probably an 80% proposition. So let’s add another back 4 to the mix.

Skill wise we need shooting. Like ALOT of shooting, which is a MUST for SG and we need a stretch big as well. We also need Big East level rebounding and rim protection.

We also need some youth. We can’t just bring in 5th or 4th year guys that only have 1 year left. We need a guy like…Kachi Nzeh who can play a rotational role and develop into a started down the road.

There are HUNDREDS of players but the key is to get the right mix of guys. Stanford and Pepperdine both have 3 players in the top 25 in the portal yet those teams both absolutely sucked last year. They might be great individual players but together it didn’t work.

That’s what the staff should be doing. Until the job is done
    Last edited by MHettel; 04-06-2024 at 01:10 PM.

Sophomore
    It's currently a dead period meaning you can't have anyone on campus or see them in person. If you're telling me he can only send texts/emails or take/make Facetime calls while in Cincinnati and not on a beach somewhere, I don't know what to tell you.
    We know it is a dead period. That point has been repeated several times. There are also multiple dead periods within a calendar window. Is this the best time to take a vacation in the middle of a critical transfer portal window coming off the worst season in recent history with a depleted roster? Ya, thatÂ’s not a good look. Would the best time to take a vacation be from May 16-24 when the transfer portal is closed and you have restocked the roster full of impact guys who can get this program competing again at the top of the Big East? The answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    We know it is a dead period. That point has been repeated several times. There are also multiple dead periods within a calendar window. Is this the best time to take a vacation in the middle of a critical transfer portal window coming off the worst season in recent history with a depleted roster? Ya, thatÂ’s not a good look. Would the best time to take a vacation be from May 16-24 when the transfer portal is closed and you have restocked the roster full of impact guys who can get this program competing again at the top of the Big East? The answer is yes.
    The last day to enter the Portal is May 1st. That doesn't mean they have to decide what school they are going to by May 1st!!!! That dead period is no different than this one. It's absolutely better to go on vacation now because not everyone has put their name in said Portal.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

The last day to enter the Portal is May 1st. That doesn't mean they have to decide what school they are going to by May 1st!!!! That dead period is no different than this one. It's absolutely better to go on vacation now because not everyone has put their name in said Portal.
    No, it’s best to go on vacation when the job is done.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    No, it’s best to go on vacation when the job is done.
    But the job is never done. Do you want him to leave in the summer when all the new players get on campus?

Supporting Member
    Yeah said the same thing in the other thread. Fell on deaf ears. Some people just like to hear/see themselves bitch

“ when the job is done” lol as if in high d1 ball the job is ever done. That’s hysterical.

Sophomore
    It’s better to get the vacation out of the way first before fixing the depleted roster. Got it! I guess as well based on your comment that the coaching staff should wait to bring anyone in until May 1st so they know everyone who will be available. Sounds like a great plan to get this program back competitive in the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    It’s better to get the vacation out of the way first before fixing the depleted roster. Got it! I guess as well based on your comment that the coaching staff should wait to bring anyone in until May 1st so they know everyone who will be available. Sounds like a great plan to get this program back competitive in the Big East.
    AGAIN, the coaches know the best time to take vacation, NOT YOU!!!!! When was the last time you recruited any basketball players from the portal? This is what they do for a living yet you and MHett are talking like you've been doing this all your life. It's mind-boggling.

Sophomore
    I thought this was not allowed anymore, but here it is— an entire thread dedicated to defending one of these jerk-off millionaire coaches. It’s so hard to keep up with the rules nowadays.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Sophomore
    AGAIN, the coaches know the best time to take vacation, NOT YOU!!!!! When was the last time you recruited any basketball players from the portal? This is what they do for a living yet you and MHett are talking like you've been doing this all your life. It's mind-boggling.
    Let me get this straight. So based on your comment, every coach at every program knows what’s best because they do it for a living? Did I read that right? If that is the case, shame on all of you including myself who ever question Steele or wanted him to be fired. Steele knew what was best. He knew what he was doing all along because they do it for a living. NOT YOU!!!!! Never question anyone because they do it for a living. Thanks for the laugh 94GRAD.
    Last edited by xuphan; 04-06-2024 at 03:20 PM.