Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    It has NOTHING to do with the X lounge, but with helping defer the cost of keeping the site running. You're a true Democrat who suckles from the teet of us that keep this site running.
    Do you really think the best way to get people to donate to this site is to insult them? Not the best marketing strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Do you really think the best way to get people to donate to this site is to insult them? Not the best marketing strategy.
    You're never going to donate so I'm not worried about it. You are a grifter!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    You're never going to donate so I'm not worried about it. You are a grifter!!!
    Not after being solicited and insulted by members of this site. No thanks. Enjoy the X Lounge.

I will try to explain this one more time. My original point was it was a bad look for Miller to be on vacation during the middle of the transfer window. Why is it a “bad look”? It is a bad look because fans, donors, etc. are seeing that their multi-million dollar paid head coach who lead arguably the worst Xavier team in recent memory last season with a current roster that has been gutted leave the country on vacation. Now if it were this time last season coming off a successful campaign and making the NCAA tournament, there would be no argument about this vacation. However, the state of the program is not very good at the moment and he should as CEO of said program be around until it is fixed. Like any other job out there.
    Also, if you donÂ’t want a negative reputation comment. DonÂ’t make up fake information that someone never said to make a point.

Well I’m a fan and a donor and I don’t see anything wrong with it at all.

Bottom line is that neither I, nor anyone else on this site, is someone that Sean Miller has to explain his use of vacation time to. He only has to do that to his boss. NONE of us, least of all you or me, knows where the program stands in relation to its likelihood to land any transfers that he might want. NONE of us know where he is, or what he is doing in that regard. NONE of us are people he has to answer to. Your OPINIONS on how his actions look to YOU really don’t matter, no matter how often or how many times you repeat them. I disagree with your OPINION about HOW it looks, and furthermore I think that how it looks to fans and donors is not even important. But that’s just MY opinion.

By the way, I didn’t say I was annoyed about getting a neg. rep comment. I said that it’s a joke to take negative or positive reps as something that even mattered. I can’t believe that you’d actually take the time and effort to even make a comment when doing it. You probably count how many “likes” you get on Facebook posts too, as if that mattered either.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-07-2024 at 05:48 PM.

Bumped from another thread:

People on this board who have posted hundreds and hundreds of times, and bitch and moan about other people, yet are too cheap to cough up a measly $12.50 a year to help Muskie defray the cost of hosting this site for us all.

I almost convinced none of them actually went to Xavier and just whine on this board for free. Reminds me of a similar political network.
    Perhaps they're really Dayton fans.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Well I’m a fan and a donor and I don’t see anything wrong with it at all.

Bottom line is that neither I, nor anyone else on this site, is someone that Sean Miller has to explain his use of vacation time to. He only has to do that to his boss. NONE of us, least of all you or me, knows where the program stands in relation to its likelihood to land any transfers that he might want. NONE of us know where he is, or what he is doing in that regard. NONE of us are people he has to answer to. Your OPINIONS on how his actions look to YOU really don’t matter, no matter how often or how many times you repeat them.
    Well said!

My wife’s division came up well short of goal in the first quarter. We just booked a week in Hilton Head. The work gets done. Relax about things you know nothing about.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Bumped from another thread:

Perhaps they're really Dayton fans.
    Another member of this site insulting others by calling them Dayton fans for not becoming members. No wonder people don’t want to become members after being treated like this. Maybe the X Lounge members instead of bashing people can think of ways to help this site make money. Like putting advertisements on the site. Better incentive for members of the site. Maybe encourage people to become members instead of attacking them. Still can’t believe a member called non members Dayton fans. Wow!

Another member of this site insulting others by calling them Dayton fans for not becoming members. No wonder people don’t want to become members after being treated like this. Maybe the X Lounge members instead of bashing people can think of ways to help this site make money. Like putting advertisements on the site. Better incentive for members of the site. Maybe encourage people to become members instead of attacking them. Still can’t believe a member called non members Dayton fans. Wow!
    You have made it abundantly clear over the last couple of years that you were never going to become a member. Your tears are falling on deaf ears.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    You have made it abundantly clear over the last couple of years that you were never going to become a member. Your tears are falling on deaf ears.
    I can’t blame anyone for not becoming a member after the insults directed to them by current members.

Supporting Member
    You’re confusing being a decent human being by helping what I assume is a fellow alumni out (but I question if you ever went to the school) and this site needing to make money. If you like being a freeloader, that’s your prerogative, it just says quite a bit about you.

Let’s stop with the bs that you ever even thought about spending 12 dollars. You joined this site 16 years ago. Stop with the bs.

Oh and btw I’m a fan and a donor and I could give two shits when miller takes a vacation.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-07-2024 at 06:35 PM.