Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    AGAIN, that is a worse time because you'll have the complete list of players who have entered the portal as opposed to the incomplete list now! Do you not understand this?????
    Wow, not sure how to respond to this comment. You are so right. Hopefully Miller takes this advice and doesn’t accept any commitments until after May 1st so that he knows exactly who all will be in the portal. Even though most will have already committed elsewhere.

This post takes the cake. Thanks for the laugh and God Bless!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Wow, not sure how to respond to this comment. You are so right. Hopefully Miller takes this advice and doesn’t accept any commitments until after May 1st so that he knows exactly who all will be in the portal. Even though most will have already committed elsewhere.

This post takes the cake. Thanks for the laugh and God Bless!
    You: “ I don’t care if people disagree with me on this. That’s fine.”

Also you: continue to insult every differing opinion of yours on this subject.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You: “ I don’t care if people disagree with me on this. That’s fine.”

Also you: continue to insult every differing opinion of yours on this subject.
    I thought this was a stupid handwringing circles comment yet you continue to drag it out? Difference of opinion is fine but when you attack me I will attack you back. Hopefully you guys get out and enjoy this beautiful day today. God Bless!

You call it a stupid discussion and then say something completely untrue. No one has said for him to not take any time off. Who said that? Do you have a quote saying that? I never said that. I said it is a bad look to be on vacation in the middle of the transfer portal with a depleted roster. That was the whole point. There are plenty of other opportunities for him to take a much needed vacation. Like May 14-26 during the next dead period after hopefully bringing in multiple big time transfers in to the roster.

I have no problem with people on here to disagree with this. That’s totally fine but to make stuff up isn’t really proving your point.
    You need to really tell what what you mean by a bad “look”. And if you can explain that to me, then also explain why it’s important….and to whom?

Fans? Other coaches? His bosses? Recruits? Who? I would quess that like any other employee he had to clear his vacation time with this boss, so it can’t be that one, right? The fans? You can forget that one because every coach knows that they can’t please every fan and would be a fool to try. Other coaches? Doesn’t really matter what coaches at other schools think, and I’m sure that his assistant coaches also get vacation time sue ing the off-season. Recruits? Remember this is a dead period when he can’t host them or visit them. I doubt that they would even care, if they even knew, that he was t in the office right now.

So HOW is it a “bad look”? What is it telling you? That he doesn’t care? That he isn’t organized? That he doesn’t know what he’s doing? What?

I’m not saying it’s a good look or a bad look. I’m saying that it isn’t any kind of “look” at all, and that he taking a few days off now won’t affect how Xavier does in recruiting transfers at all.

As for your comment on my reputation….i could give a flying f about what I write being a bad look to you. As far as I’m concerned you’re just an imaginary Internet person who doesn’t exist except on a message board. Nothing you could comment can possibly have any effect on my life in even the minutest way. I just have to laugh at people that take this seriously enough to make negative reputation comments or take comments made there seriously.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    You need to really tell what what you mean by a bad “look”. And if you can explain that to me, then also explain why it’s important….and to whom?

Fans? Other coaches? His bosses? Recruits? Who? I would quess that like any other employee he had to clear his vacation time with this boss, so it canÂ’t be that one, right? The fans? You can forget that one because every coach knows that they canÂ’t please every fan and would be a fool to try. Other coaches? DoesnÂ’t really matter what coaches at other schools think, and IÂ’m sure that his assistant coaches also get vacation time sue ing the off-season. Recruits? Remember this is a dead period when he canÂ’t host them or visit them. I doubt that they would even care, if they even knew, that he was t in the office right now.

So HOW is it a “bad look”? What is it telling you? That he doesn’t care? That he isn’t organized? That he doesn’t know what he’s doing? What?

I’m not saying it’s a good look or a bad look. I’m saying that it isn’t any kind of “look” at all, and that he taking a few days off now won’t affect how Xavier does in recruiting transfers at all.

As for your comment on my reputationÂ….i could give a flying f about what I write being a bad look to you. As far as IÂ’m concerned youÂ’re just an imaginary Internet person who doesnÂ’t exist except on a message board. Nothing you could comment can possibly have any effect on my life in even the minutest way. I just have to laugh at people that take this seriously enough to make negative reputation comments or take comments made there seriously.
    I will try to explain this one more time. My original point was it was a bad look for Miller to be on vacation during the middle of the transfer window. Why is it a “bad look”? It is a bad look because fans, donors, etc. are seeing that their multi-million dollar paid head coach who lead arguably the worst Xavier team in recent memory last season with a current roster that has been gutted leave the country on vacation. Now if it were this time last season coming off a successful campaign and making the NCAA tournament, there would be no argument about this vacation. However, the state of the program is not very good at the moment and he should as CEO of said program be around until it is fixed. Like any other job out there.
    Also, if you donÂ’t want a negative reputation comment. DonÂ’t make up fake information that someone never said to make a point.

As an adult, I feel like he should be fine taking a few days off, unless he’s on Double Secret Probation of course. I don’t think that is the case, but then, how would I know???

I will try to explain this one more time. My original point was it was a bad look for Miller to be on vacation during the middle of the transfer window. Why is it a “bad look”? It is a bad look because fans, donors, etc. are seeing that their multi-million dollar paid head coach who lead arguably the worst Xavier team in recent memory last season with a current roster that has been gutted leave the country on vacation. Now if it were this time last season coming off a successful campaign and making the NCAA tournament, there would be no argument about this vacation. However, the state of the program is not very good at the moment and he should as CEO of said program be around until it is fixed. Like any other job out there.
    Also, if you donÂ’t want a negative reputation comment. DonÂ’t make up fake information that someone never said to make a point.
    You're definitely not a donor to the program since you refuse to donate $12.50 to this site.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    You're definitely not a donor to the program since you refuse to donate $12.50 to this site.
    Haha, I knew the whole 12.50 solicitation would come from you sooner or later. No thanks. Not interested in the X lounge.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    As an adult, I feel like he should be fine taking a few days off, unless he’s on Double Secret Probation of course. I don’t think that is the case, but then, how would I know???
    Totally agree. Miller should take a nice long vacation to rest up for next season. Just don’t think in the middle of the transfer portal with no healthy front court players on the roster is the best time to take a vacation. Especially coming off the worst season in recent memory. Maybe take care of business first and then enjoy a nice relaxing vacation. Just a thought. Not sure why people are taking this as Miller should never be given a few days off and/or a vacation. No one said that.

Haha, I knew the whole 12.50 solicitation would come from you sooner or later. No thanks. Not interested in the X lounge.
    It has NOTHING to do with the X lounge, but with helping defer the cost of keeping the site running. You're a true Democrat who suckles from the teet of us that keep this site running.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens