Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nit

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I don't think that is it. I think Pitino really didn't like his team and doesnt want to coach them anymore. He made it pretty clear.

Miller, Holloway, English, Matta, and Neptune (well maybe Neptune) aren't idiots. They wouldn't play if they thought there was any chance it sets them back in recruiting for next year.

Tom Crean (who I am not a fan of) said it well imo. The staffs are bigger than ever, there is plenty of time to recruit, work the portal.
    Mind you, this is the same Tom Crean who pulled IU out of the NIT one year so Indiana could start "renovations" at Assembly Hall one year.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    UGA will be getting a public bath and meet and greet walk that day in Athens, so we should expect attendance at this basketball game to be < 3,000.
    Tuesday night at 7 PM will be the game time on ESPN.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Mind you, this is the same Tom Crean who pulled IU out of the NIT one year so Indiana could start "renovations" at Assembly Hall one year.

Fair point.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I'm all for more basketball, but honestly shocked X accepted. Not becuase we are too good for the Not In Tournament (NIT) , but rather the amount of injuries we have had. Sometimes you just lick your wounds and go home

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    There were also 6 teams (St. John's, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, Indiana and two others) that declined NIT invites. They had to invite near .500 teams just to fill a 32-team field.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    The freshmen could definitely use a little more game experience. At least the freshmen that are still healthy at this stage.
    That is where we differ from St John’s which is an old team. So playing does not get their squad much experience.

If X wins 2-3 games does that count as a winning record?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    If X wins 2-3 games does that count as a winning record?
    Yes. Needs to be 3, 2 would get us to .500.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Didn't know postseason counted. Alright then. This team was playing well enough to pull off some wins now

Surprised with our shitty record.
    2023 Sweet 16

I am surprised and glad that X gets to play in the NIT. This is better than not being invited at all. Come on boys, the season is not over yet; show everyone what you can do. Go X!