Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Does anyone even know how to access the CW? That would be a terrible move.
    It seems to me, the only reasons to pursue a third carrier are because FOX and CBS aren’t going to show all BE games, or because the BE is seeking an additional level of exposure. Assuming the former, then the BE will partner with the best option available to fill the gap. If the latter, I would assume the BE is looking to partner with either ESPN/ABC or NBC/Peacock.; Maybe Amazon or Apple, if the price is right. I’m not sure there’s anything else out there that would *enhance* exposure.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    FWIW, I think they have scheduling agreements with the MW and WCC, but are technically clinging to PAC-whatever membership.
    I haven’t looked at it, but I think you have to be right. The entity has a balance sheet with a large cash position as I understand it. I doubt that it is in their best interests for a number of reasons to dissolve it at this point.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I haven’t looked at it, but I think you have to be right. The entity has a balance sheet with a large cash position as I understand it. I doubt that it is in their best interests for a number of reasons to dissolve it at this point.
    The PAC 2 teams have a lot of money as part of their settlement with the departing schools. The idea is that the PAC “#” has some branding value, so they hope to add to it. Could ultimately ending just “merging” with the MWC.

Not too different that the BE reconfiguration from 10 years ago, where over half the teams left and they reconstituted it.

Football agreement with MWC is scheduling only. Doesn’t count for standings. My sense is the agreement with the basketball is that they can compete to win the conference and tourney

Sophomore
    This is certainly great news:

Saturday’s @BIGEASTMBB Championship scored 1,676,000 viewers on FOX - the most watched BIG EAST Men’s Basketball Final in network history 🏀

The 2024 Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament was the most-watched in FOX Sports history - averaging 577,000 and up +61% year-over-year ⛹️*♂️

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/stat...05081502790018

Junior
    Wouldn't they need to stay a legal entity to collect the exit fees? ?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    This is certainly great news:

Saturday’s @BIGEASTMBB Championship scored 1,676,000 viewers on FOX - the most watched BIG EAST Men’s Basketball Final in network history ��

The 2024 Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament was the most-watched in FOX Sports history - averaging 577,000 and up +61% year-over-year ⛹️*♂️

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/stat...05081502790018
    Wow, good news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Wouldn't they need to stay a legal entity to collect the exit fees? ?
    Exactly. That was my point. The "Pac-12" has assets, it's just that the other reality is that the Pac-12 entity now only has 2 members. I'm not sure about MHETTEL's point about being able to compete for another conference's basketball championship, unless the NCAA granted them a waiver in order to do that.

Perhaps the Pac-12 entity has been put into suspension for purposes of competition, even though it continues to hold economic value. I don't know, and I don't care enough about either program to look it up.
    X A V I E R

Exactly. That was my point. The "Pac-12" has assets, it's just that the other reality is that the Pac-12 entity now only has 2 members. I'm not sure about MHETTEL's point about being able to compete for another conference's basketball championship, unless the NCAA granted them a waiver in order to do that.

Perhaps the Pac-12 entity has been put into suspension for purposes of competition, even though it continues to hold economic value. I don't know, and I don't care enough about either program to look it up.
    There is an article I found. It’s not perfectly clear like I said earlier. I took this blurb…..

WSU AD Pat Chun….”the WCC allows an opportunity for our 10 teams to have access to championships and well as high level competition.”

OSU AD….”guarantees that our atheletes …can continue to compete for conference and national championships”

So…..

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    There is an article I found. It’s not perfectly clear like I said earlier. I took this blurb…..

WSU AD Pat Chun….”the WCC allows an opportunity for our 10 teams to have access to championships and well as high level competition.”

OSU AD….”guarantees that our atheletes …can continue to compete for conference and national championships”

So…..
    I totally also just noticed that is says they will be eligible for the conference championships and can earn the auto bid. So no interpretation required

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    FWIW, I think they have scheduling agreements with the MW and WCC, but are technically clinging to PAC-whatever membership.
    Know why? Besides the aforementioned..
    By retaining the “PAC 12” those 2 schools retain all the NCAA credits earned over the years until they are all paid out.
    Just like when Xavier left the A10, those credits stayed behind and split between the remaining schools.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell