Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big east media agreement negotiations

Cannot exaggerate how important this topic is for Xavier's immediate future.

Some inkling as to where it's headed from the Boneyard board by way of HOLYLANDOFHOOPS:

https://the-boneyard.com/attachments...05-jpeg.97685/

Certainly love that the relationship between Fox and the Big East is "among the strongest in the business" and that Fox will have more windows to fill as a result of the Pac-12's demise.

I just thought we could use this thread to track developments with this important topic as things now begin to unfold with it through the course of this year.
    X A V I E R

BTW, another very important component of all of this has to do with the MSG contract. News is coming out that the contract with MSG for the BET has been extended through 2032.

That is just huge.

AND here it is:

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2024/3/...DacehnjTCALVrE
    Last edited by xudash; 03-15-2024 at 03:28 PM.
    X A V I E R

It would be smart if they could get a third media partner with the potential for more over-the-air broadcast options. If NBC or CW would be a possibility (with something like Peacock or Paramount+ as the streaming option) that would really provide growth opportunities.

Things like FS2, CBSSN, ESPNU...these are all the outlets we are wanting to see less of because the ratings numbers, even if it's a great matchup, are just much lower than on tier 1 and 2 networks. Hardcore fans will watch, but casual fans never see those games.

Competition is obviously highest for getting your games on the main networks of CBS and FOX and ESPN, then second tier of ESPN2, FS1, and CW. But outlets like Amazon, Apple, MAX, Paramount+ and Peacock are all vying to get more subscribers using their service. If NBC wants a piece of the college hoops faithful, they are going to have to dangle some games on the main network, which is going to be good for someone down the road.

If the Big East can get more games committed on CBS and FOX and maintain of their position on FS1 they are doing well. Slots are going to be shifting towards more Big 10 and Big 12 programing on FS1, so Xavier fans will likely be changing channels more often in a year or two.

Compare and contrast: Bernie....Val
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    It would be smart if they could get a third media partner with the potential for more over-the-air broadcast options. If NBC or CW would be a possibility (with something like Peacock or Paramount+ as the streaming option) that would really provide growth opportunities.

Things like FS2, CBSSN, ESPNU...these are all the outlets we are wanting to see less of because the ratings numbers, even if it's a great matchup, are just much lower than on tier 1 and 2 networks. Hardcore fans will watch, but casual fans never see those games.

Competition is obviously highest for getting your games on the main networks of CBS and FOX and ESPN, then second tier of ESPN2, FS1, and CW. But outlets like Amazon, Apple, MAX, Paramount+ and Peacock are all vying to get more subscribers using their service. If NBC wants a piece of the college hoops faithful, they are going to have to dangle some games on the main network, which is going to be good for someone down the road.

If the Big East can get more games committed on CBS and FOX and maintain of their position on FS1 they are doing well. Slots are going to be shifting towards more Big 10 and Big 12 programing on FS1, so Xavier fans will likely be changing channels more often in a year or two.
    I don’t see any streaming option getting better numbers than FS1 or FS2
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The pac 12 commish brought a deal to his membership that was largely a streaming deal with apple.

It’s now the PAC 2.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    The pac 12 commish brought a deal to his membership that was largely a streaming deal with apple.

It’s now the PAC 2.
    Yep.

Speaking of that, is the Pac really going to be a thing next year with just 2 teams??
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Yep.

Speaking of that, is the Pac really going to be a thing next year with just 2 teams??
    They are football members of the mountain west and bball members of the WCC for next year. No plans beyond that

Junior
    Does anyone even know how to access the CW? That would be a terrible move.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    They are football members of the mountain west and bball members of the WCC for next year. No plans beyond that
    FWIW, I think they have scheduling agreements with the MW and WCC, but are technically clinging to PAC-whatever membership.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb