Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,099
    Man. Smart had a lucky run, but can’t do anything in March when he is supposed to. At least mack snuck in an elite 8 between choke jobs. I’d imagine some unhappy Marquette fans.

    This isn’t losing to a 3 seed in the sweet 16. It’s an 11. Embarrassing

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Man. Smart had a lucky run, but can’t do anything in March when he is supposed to. At least mack snuck in an elite 8 between choke jobs. I’d imagine some unhappy Marquette fans.

    This isn’t losing to a 3 seed in the sweet 16. It’s an 11. Embarrassing
    Yes. But……

    NCST seems to have the magic slipper this year. They won the ACC, so it’s not a fluke.

    You could make the argument that they gelled at the right time. Just sayin…

  3. #13
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    34,415
    Marquette just sucked tonight. Had very little to do with NC St.

  4. #14
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,099
    I don’t throw away regular season success like a lot do. Winning the BE regular season and tournament has a lot of weight. Who knows, maybe they will reload. But just seems to be a theme with Shaka. Was hoping for 3 BE final four.

  5. #15
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Marquette just sucked tonight. Had very little to do with NC St.
    I agree. Their worst game of the year

  6. #16
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    17,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Man. Smart had a lucky run, but can’t do anything in March when he is supposed to. At least mack snuck in an elite 8 between choke jobs. I’d imagine some unhappy Marquette fans.

    This isn’t losing to a 3 seed in the sweet 16. It’s an 11. Embarrassing
    Shaka is an absolute choke job in the tourney.

    He has made the tourney all 3 years at Marquette but now has 3 combined wins as a 9 seed, 2 seed, and 2 seed. Those are Marquettes only wins in the new Big East btw. They have been awful in terms of tourney.

    Shaka had ZERO tourney wins in 6 years at Texas. Texas has 5 tourney wins in the 3 seasons since Shaka has been gone.

    Shaka now has 5 tourney wins in the 13 years since his miracle run to the Final 4 at VCU.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  7. #17
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    17,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don’t throw away regular season success like a lot do. Winning the BE regular season and tournament has a lot of weight. Who knows, maybe they will reload. But just seems to be a theme with Shaka. Was hoping for 3 BE final four.
    Yeah, I generally agree but there has to be some deep tourney wins mixed in, maybe even an unexpected run as a lower seed like Mack did with 11 seed X in-between the 2 seed and 1 seed choke jobs.

    Marquette fans have to be thrilled with the reg season success but equally as frustrated with the tourney choke jobs.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  8. #18
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,099
    McDermott getting ran right now, too. Certainly no stranger to early flame outs. But at least Tennessee is the higher seed, and he finally had a run last year.

  9. #19
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    17,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    McDermott getting ran right now, too. Certainly no stranger to early flame outs. But at least Tennessee is the higher seed, and he finally had a run last year.
    Yeah McDermott finally broke through last year and if they lose this year they made it as far as their seed dictated. I thought and still do that he is better than Shaka.

    Still disappointing to see Creighton not playing well and to see Creighton (likely) and Marquette fail to advance past Sweet 16.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •