Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Junior
    So the BE as a conference needs to pare down the out of conf schedule next year and pile up lots of wins. Then playing each other helps the NET. Hey, it might be a cheap way to get teams in the dance, but you need to manipulate the rules to your favor. I think the BE made X the sacrificial lamb by paring them with Purdue and Houston.
    On a side note the B1G moved their tournament to Minneapolis and the crowds have been embarrassing. The Target Center has been half empty at best. Wait til some year when they move it to LA or Wash or Oregon and NOBODY shows up. Glad we have Val. Some of these conf Commissioners are morons.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    So the BE as a conference needs to pare down the out of conf schedule next year and pile up lots of wins. Then playing each other helps the NET. Hey, it might be a cheap way to get teams in the dance, but you need to manipulate the rules to your favor. I think the BE made X the sacrificial lamb by paring them with Purdue and Houston.
    On a side note the B1G moved their tournament to Minneapolis and the crowds have been embarrassing. The Target Center has been half empty at best. Wait til some year when they move it to LA or Wash or Oregon and NOBODY shows up. Glad we have Val. Some of these conf Commissioners are morons.
    Another one I called early on. You don’t even need the know how the conference standings shake out to establish a pretty good estimate of the number of tourney teams a conference will get in the dance based on the collective non-con performances. We didn’t fare well against the big opponents and there were a number of bad losses as well. I felt 5 was probably the top end. 4 was possible. If we get 3, it will be shocking.

Supporting Member
    It was 5-6 before the unprecedented number of bid stealers from the big conferences. That combined with an actual strong bubble decreased it to maybe 4. It’s anyone’s guess what the committee actually does though. We will find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It was 5-6 before the unprecedented number of bid stealers from the big conferences. That combined with an actual strong bubble decreased it to maybe 4. It’s anyone’s guess what the committee actually does though. We will find out soon enough.
    I think it was 5 before the bid stealers (80% likely). 6 was a stretch in my view, as was 4.

I’m perplexed why SHU isnt considered in at this point. I think they had 20+ wins and finished 13-7 in a pretty good conference that had 5-6 teams in the bubble discussion going down the stretch. I have bothered to look at their non-con schedule, but it must have been pretty average if not just weak. In addition their NET is impacted by some of the bad losses the conference took in the non-con.

That caught up to us in the end….

Supporting Member
    Fau an 8 and nw a 9 is a joke. Those two should be bubble teams

Supporting Member
    All this big ten love is gross

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    All this big ten love is gross
    It happens every year. Hoping they all lose. Except maybe Purdue.

Supporting Member
    lol Gonzaga is gonna get pounded

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    The main reason Gonzaga was a 5 was BYU getting knocked down to the 6 line because they won't play on Sunday.