Page 90 of 174 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    How sought after was the 7 footer from St. Joes that Providence just landed? Was only a freshman.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    How sought after was the 7 footer from St. Joes that Providence just landed? Was only a freshman.
    Apparently he was sought after. And with Bentley Joseph on board they have done well. Interesting that Kim English says “ we have plenty of money…won’t be out bid”.
    https://www.providencejournal.com/st...n/73282315007/

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I get it from his side if he ends up wanting out for position change. He could look at Colby and say well, I could just remain a 3 be a 2nd round pick and then get taught how to play PG once I get to the NBA. However, if he goes PG now in college and does well, now you're talking first round pick and a large guaranteed contract due to his size and athleticism.

I wouldn't fault him, it would suck but is what it is.
    I could see this backfire. A PG has to be a shooter in the NBA. He will have to prove himself as a shooter at the college level to have any shot at PG in the pros. I think he should stick to what he does best (off ball) and hope we can get a better offense built around him. An improved front court can allow him a little more space and the ability to drop off some inside passes. If he could shoot better, I get it. The Colby example is a good one. Show defensive versatility and put up some efficient offensive stats.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I could see this backfire. A PG has to be a shooter in the NBA. He will have to prove himself as a shooter at the college level to have any shot at PG in the pros. I think he should stick to what he does best (off ball) and hope we can get a better offense built around him. An improved front court can allow him a little more space and the ability to drop off some inside passes. If he could shoot better, I get it. The Colby example is a good one. Show defensive versatility and put up some efficient offensive stats.
    Colby couldn't shoot until his third year either. To me, Claude's stroke looks good, he doesn't have any kind of weird hitch or anything, I think it was the nagging injury and confidence.

Just playing devils' advocate, even if his shooting doesn't rachet up, it'd be better for him from an NBA draft perspective to show what he can do at the 1 with his driving and passing ability than what he can do at the 3. I know positionless basketball but still.

Regardless, I'd be a little surprised at this point if he entered just because it's been a few weeks now, but maybe he has agents working the back channels to see what his options are before he officially enters the portal. Or, waiting to see what his NIL is from X. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Supporting Member
    portal opens in 30 mins...about to get crazy

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    portal opens in 30 mins...about to get crazy
    Hope so! Time for Miller to work his magic.

Junior
    X appears to be in with a handful of really solid guards and wing players still. I’d like to keep Des but I think X will be in very good shape regardless. They have some visits lined up over the next 7-10 days that I’m pretty excited about.

Des is obviously someone I’d prefer. Just, remember throughout the season he was a heavily debated player on the board about if he was good or not. IMO A very good player that needs to add to his game this summer to become a great player.
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-11-2024 at 11:05 AM.

You want to keep the known player, and I agree with others on here that if he wants his best shot at the NBA it's in the Jones mold. Jones shot threes better and played better defense. Though defense was a tough gauge this season with a lack of front court talent. His defense could get tons better next season. If he wants more on-ball time at the point he needs to leave.

I just really hope Sean is back from the beach!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    I just really hope Sean is back from the beach!
    Agreed. Though I have a source that said if Sean went to OSU, Mack would’ve been slotted in. Not sure Charleston changes that.