Page 80 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Who knows how Miller would use him. Everyone hated Hunter because he shot too many 3s with Steele. (Who didn’t) Sean fixed that fast and turned Hunter around. But if the plan is to bring him in to be a stretch 4, I’d say no thanks as well. Size could also be an issue, though he is taller than CJ Anderson and he worked out. As a rotational guy who knows.
    He seems to knock down free throws so maybe a situation guy to play sparingly when needed. Definitely need depth in the front court.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Paul McMillan anyone? He’s in the transfer portal again. We should scoop him up lol.

Anyone with a brain and has seen high school ball knows objectively what high d1 talent looks like. It’s not hard.
    Maybe XuperMAGA should convince Travis Steele to go after him and bring him to Mother Miami. That's a fair skill level.

"Portal season."

Not something that one would necessarily look forward to.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Maybe XuperMAGA should convince Travis Steele to go after him and bring him to Mother Miami. That's a fair skill level.
    This little jab at ol' Xup has gotten an unusual amount of run. One idiot brings it up at every chance. This is how it got started, for those that missed it.

I grew up a short walk to Woodward HS, Swifton Commons and the Cincinnati Gardens. In the mid/late 70's, I hooped in countless pick up games around the area, especially on the 1 rim digs in the Swifton projects behind the old shopping center. I played with several Paul McMillan IV relatives....possibly his dad. So, I started following IV and he was destroying all competition he faced....from very early on. After a dominant Summer circuit, he was a fast rising TOP 100 PG prospect, with numerous HIGH D1 offers AND he boasted a sterling 4.0 GPA. Total package, right?

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-s...als-165754324/

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com...an%20iv/39028#!

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sch...h-2-000-points

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...in/8876931002/

I simply wanted our beloved Musketeers to go after this Local Legend HARD. So, when that didn't happen, and IV struggled to get traction as a Basketball player,...the Troll King douche decided to frequently point out that I have no idea what High D1 talent looks like, but of course he does. Not the experts and statistical realities in the above articles.....but TK Douche.

Remember kids...don't feed the Trolls.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

A couple of points

1). Re Miller: I have no idea where he is TODAY. He was on vacation earlier because he responded to Lance McAlister (radio talk show guy) from Aruba. For all I know, he’s in Phoenix today. Although I don’t know what good going to Phoenix would do. There’s no recruits there.

2) re Miller: someone is concerned about how it LOOKS? Child, please. That’s weak.

3) re NIL: the final 2% is only one part of the total NIL package that X has put together. For more information on it, go the their website. It’s a student-athlete created and led organization that relies on donations as part of its fund raising. In addition to it are the businesses that are involved in sponsorship, etc. for the players. I do not have a number to give out, but I have read that the current NIL fund for X is comparable to other high major schools. I read where X missed out on Jones from DePaul last year because of the NIL, and that someone in the know said that wouldn’t happen this year.

4) X has contacted several players and is spending their biggest amount of time pursuing certain ones. They have a list and a plan. It’s a team effort. X has a complete staff that is working on it, not just the head coach. If you want to know who…spend some time on Twitter. Purchase a membership to a few recruiting sites. Heck, even the Cincinnati Enquirer has had a few articles on who they are recruiting. The information isn’t hard to find. I’ve no problem sharing information that isn’t behind a pay wall, and I’ve done that a few times, but I’m going to share information that I pay for, for free. That’s not fair to the people running the pay sites and doing all the work to get the information and then to write it up.

5) there are over 1000 names in the portal right now and maybe 30-40 have found a home so far. Relax. Expect a lot of movement starting next weekend after players start making campus visits and coaches start making in-home visits.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-06-2024 at 06:33 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    This little jab at ol' Xup has gotten an unusual amount of run. One idiot brings it up at every chance. This is how it got started, for those that missed it.

I grew up a short walk to Woodward HS, Swifton Commons and the Cincinnati Gardens. In the mid/late 70's, I hooped in countless pick up games around the area, especially on the 1 rim digs in the Swifton projects behind the old shopping center. I played with several Paul McMillan IV relatives....possibly his dad. So, I started following IV and he was destroying all competition he faced....from very early on. After a dominant Summer circuit, he was a fast rising TOP 100 PG prospect, with numerous HIGH D1 offers AND he boasted a sterling 4.0 GPA. Total package, right?

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-s...als-165754324/

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com...an%20iv/39028#!

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sch...h-2-000-points

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...in/8876931002/

I simply wanted our beloved Musketeers to go after this Local Legend HARD. So, when that didn't happen, and IV struggled to get traction as a Basketball player,...the Troll King douche decided to frequently point out that I have no idea what High D1 talent looks like, but of course he does. Not the experts and statistical realities in the above articles.....but TK Douche.

Remember kids...don't feed the Trolls.
    The funny part is your last sentence. Well, that and the fact that you keep bringing this up, and look more obnoxious and more ignorant every time. No one cares about your affection for McMillan, it’s a joke at this point and you get
    Your balls all twisted up about it. Sorry I was right bud, he went to njit, then to central Michigan, was on the bench at both and now who knows. I’m sorry you struggle so much to accept the fact you were wrong. It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. Sorry that brings you such angst.

The other funny part is that another poster just made fun of you and it completely went over your head.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-06-2024 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    The funny part is your last sentence. Well, that and the fact that you keep bringing this up, and look more obnoxious and more ignorant every time. No one cares about your affection for McMillan, it’s a joke at this point and you get
    Your balls all twisted up about it. Sorry I was right bud, he went to njit, then to central Michigan, was on the bench at both and now who knows. I’m sorry you struggle so much to accept the fact you were wrong. It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. Sorry that brings you such angst.

The other funny part is that another poster just made fun of you and it completely went over your head.
    13-7!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    13-7!
    Miller was only good because he coached in the a10 and Arizona!

It just wouldn’t make sense that Sean would let every big who played for him this past season move on unless he had a pretty damn good idea he’d have improved replacements in addition to Free and Hunter for next season. Those two will be awesome to have, if both can stay healthy and get back to playing at the level they took their game to last season.

Still, I can not believe Sean and staff won’t have proper coverage this time around in case they Zach and Jerome can’t go. Also, the X coaches know they badly need to have multiple proven 3 points shooters and they must get an upgrade at center.

So I’m just going to believe Sean has this figured out. For all we know, Sean is in Aruba celebrating the new center, forward, and sharp shooter he’s already secretly locked up.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-07-2024 at 03:06 AM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    13-7!
    13-7?