Page 67 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Xavier has reached out to former Oklahoma big John Hugley. Looks like a Big body but no idea about his game or fit here at X.
    Not so sure how to feel about Hugley. He committed to Pitt out of high school and looked like he might become a pretty good player there. Then he was charged with a felony for being in a stolen car (charge was later dropped). He then had an injury and took time off for personal reasons.

https://www.cardiachill.com/2021/5/1...eft-jeff-capel

Then he transferred to OU last season where he had to have surgery before the end of the season to repair his meniscus.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...227579679/amp/

We already have two bigs trying to come back from injuries. Does Sean really want to have yet another big on the roster who may miss games because of ongoing injuries (or possibly due to personal/legal issues)?
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-03-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield intrigues me. I know he was on an awful team but he seems to be athletic and he averaged 13 points and 8.4 rebounds a game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbbWx6w8Us

Edit: I just saw he has four schools he is considering- X is not on the list.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-03-2024 at 02:31 PM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It's hard to square that with Xavier being in the midst of the worst 6 year run in the last 40 years of program history. Some of that is just Steele sucking and bad luck on the injury front this year. But it's tough to be too excited about what the NIL and portal era has brought for Xavier basketball.
    Steele was just awful. But under Sean The two most impactful players on the past two teams were transfers. It’s hard to argue X hasn’t benefited from it. We’ve only had maybe 3-4 all around better seasons than Sean’s first one back, in large part because of Boum.

Did Lazar take his name out of the portal? He isn't showing up anymore. That would actually be good news if he is returning after all
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    There isn’t one. I don’t think X has lost a player they wanted to keep because a team outbid them. In fact even pre NIL/transfer rule I don’t think X lost an impact player? (Outside of Wells but that’s a different situation) nothing jumps to mind at least.

Now X could tell someone like Odom they don’t have any NIL for him and so technically he would get paid more at Jacksonville state. But none of the guys have left bc X couldn’t afford to keep them if they wanted. The whole portal and Nil has worked out in X favor so far.
    I would say Mark Lyons. And I didnt care for him much, but Justin Martin.

And we lost Graham Ike to Gonzaga due to NIL and had our worst season in 40 years.

Just guessing but could he be going back to Serbia? Prefer your option tho…

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I would say Mark Lyons. And I didnt care for him much, but Justin Martin.

And we lost Graham Ike to Gonzaga due to NIL and had our worst season in 40 years.
    Good call on Lyons, I thought he left as a grad transfer. He was solid. Where did Martin even end up?

Using Ike as an impactful player on Xavier roster that we lost due to transfer portal and NIL is a bit of a reach. Lol. Granted as soon as I mention this there’s some rumors that both Uconn and Alabama have been talking to Des. Bama seems odd, since a key part of his game is midrange.

*rumors are from Trilly- who had Sean going to OSU. So take it for what it’s worth. He’s a guy that throws a lot out, gets a lot right and a decent amount wrong.
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-03-2024 at 01:30 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Good call on Lyons, I thought he left as a grad transfer. He was solid. Where did Martin even end up?

Using Ike as an impactful player on Xavier roster that we lost due to transfer portal and NIL is a bit of a reach. Lol. Granted as soon as I mention this there’s some rumors that both Uconn and Alabama have been talking to Des. Bama seems odd, since a key part of his game is midrange.

*rumors are from Trilly- who had Sean going to OSU. So take it for what it’s worth. He’s a guy that throws a lot out, gets a lot right and a decent amount wrong.
    UConn? No way! Val will shut that down, sure as rain.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Louisville picked up Terrence Edwards from JMU. Sun Belt player of the year. The initial shot of enthusiasm for Kelsey plus rumors of huge NIL money should make Louisville a big winner in the 2024 transfer portal cycle.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Louisville picked up Terrence Edwards from JMU. Sun Belt player of the year. The initial shot of enthusiasm for Kelsey plus rumors of huge NIL money should make Louisville a big winner in the 2024 transfer portal cycle.
    Yeah the morons who said Michigan was a better job than Louisville are going to eat those words. Cal should just quit. His life is about to get very difficult