Page 66 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    I woudlnt be surprised if he went to the NBA, his dad has made it well known that's how he wants to end his career, playing with his son. This years NBA draft class has been pegged as one of the worst of all time (time will tell of course) so a team may take a 2nd round flyer on him just to land Lebron for the last couple years while he is still producing at historic levels. That said if XU is an actual option and he can contribute, i would welcome it and the circus it would bring.

Junior
    Definitely an April fools joke.

But X is still going after shooters. Both guards and wings. One guard Iím intrigued with is Darlinstone Dubar. 6í8 guard from Hofstra. averaged 17.8 a game while shooting 39% from 3. Arkansas was the team who made biggest push but X is very much going after him too.

And Iíll be honest. Not a clue about him or his game, but I am a sucker for the taller players. Regardless, I donít think Foster was given any sort of guarantee to be a starter. And Drudy approach appears to be what X is doing- just go after and gather as much talent as they can and then let the minutes fall into place.
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-02-2024 at 01:59 PM.

Perhaps Lebron would contribute to our NIL pool. He's got extra cash.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Miller knows he owns this bad season. Even with a healthy Freemantle and Hunter, he knows he really missed on adding the kind of 5 capable of playing well at the BE level.

Sean is not okay at all with the way things turned out this year. In fact, youíd better believe he is sick about it.
    He is sick about not bringing in a BE level Center.
    He is sick about not getting his team into the tournament (and advancing).
    He is sick about having his first losing record.
    He is sick his team couldnít win any signature games this season after beating National champion UCONN twice last year.
    He is sick that none of his international players panned out this year.
    He doesnít want to feel sick anymore. He knows the stakes. Heís also has a reputation to live up to.

Sean is not going to let go of his entire front court from last year as well as Kam and Reed without being pretty damn sure of two things:
    1. None of those players are going to be able to develop fast enough to play at the BE level by next year.
    2. He is confident he can bring in players who can.
    So shouldn't he get 100% grad transfers that play Miller's way? Stay away from fab frosh and growing sophomores?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    USC blew goats with Bronny last year.

He's probably going to Dook. I think that's where his dad wanted to play if he didn't go straight to the NBA.
    I thought that was because of Coach K though? I wonder how much it changes with Scheyer in charge. Also, think he'd have a tough time carving out playing time with the way Duke reloads their roster. I'm sure McCain is probably gone, Tyrese Proctor had an up and down season and may be back, and I think Jeremy Roach still has a year of eligibility left and could return? He'd have to be comfortable getting minimal minutes to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    So shouldn't he get 100% grad transfers that play Miller's way? Stay away from fab frosh and growing sophomores?
    I feel like that's tougher to do in this day and age to build a roster to your ideal wants. With the transfer portal, NIL, and all the things involved I don't really know what the best way to fill out a roster looks like, but I do know we're going to add some pieces and we only have one incoming Freshman in Powell coming in, so I assume he'd be looking for grad transfers and other transfers that match his ideals. I do agree with IM4X though, I think Miller's wayyy too competitive to not have this past season eat at him and will be looking at ways to correct that. Marcus Foster fits the older transfer mold, I think it just depends who we can realistically target and obtain through the portal and NIL, etc. Sometimes you have to settle on Option B unfortunately.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I agree 100%, and you could see this coming from a hundred miles away.

I donít think itís viable to ask a kid to forego a big NIL payout for the opportunity to develop them. Because the teams with the big NIL can offer development too. Itís not a trade off. They can have it both ways
    Which Xavier talent in 4 years has transferred away to a bigger program or one paying more after Xavier brought them in a developed them?
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Jeez, looks like St. John’s has four returners left, thus far.

Edit: And DePaul might be down to one? Bonkers! I wonder who’s dumping whom in that relationship.
    Last edited by XUBison; 04-03-2024 at 12:26 AM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Jeez, looks like St. Johnís has four returners left, thus far.

Edit: And DePaul might be down to one? Bonkers! I wonder whoís dumping whom in that relationship.
    Xavier has reached out to former Oklahoma big John Hugley. Looks like a Big body but no idea about his game or fit here at X.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Which Xavier talent in 4 years has transferred away to a bigger program or one paying more after Xavier brought them in a developed them?
    There isn’t one. I don’t think X has lost a player they wanted to keep because a team outbid them. In fact even pre NIL/transfer rule I don’t think X lost an impact player? (Outside of Wells but that’s a different situation) nothing jumps to mind at least.

Now X could tell someone like Odom they don’t have any NIL for him and so technically he would get paid more at Jacksonville state. But none of the guys have left bc X couldn’t afford to keep them if they wanted. The whole portal and Nil has worked out in X favor so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    The whole portal and Nil has worked out in X favor so far.
    It's hard to square that with Xavier being in the midst of the worst 6 year run in the last 40 years of program history. Some of that is just Steele sucking and bad luck on the injury front this year. But it's tough to be too excited about what the NIL and portal era has brought for Xavier basketball.