Page 47 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    That’s a brick wall there man. I’ve been laying out this exact scenario for 3 years and just get met by “it won’t be a big deal.” Now, when what said would happen is actually happening the response is “it’s no big deal”.

Lost cause here
    I can count on 0 hands the amount of times I read from you how worried you were about the young fans missing their favorite player the next year, lmao.

But I thank you for being so worried for my children. God bless you.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I can count on 0 hands the amount of times I read from you how worried you were about the young fans missing their favorite player the next year, lmao.

But I thank you for being so worried for my children. God bless you.
    Pete Rose was my idol for literally my entire early life, because I have ALWAYS been 110% Cincinnati.....especially West side.

When he left the Reds, he was dead to me.

That's how it works for some.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Pete Rose was my idol for literally my entire early life, because I have ALWAYS been 110% Cincinnati.....especially West side.

When he left the Reds, he was dead to me

That's how it works for some.
    Sounds like Xavier is expecting a visit this weekend from Josh Cohen. Big post player who would help bring value experience to a depleted front court.

I heard the opposite actually. I heard (from someone who usually knows, but you never really know when hearing things second and third hand) that everyone in the portal was basically told they should enter the portal.
    I was thinking of the Euros specifically because I thought that Miller’s plan was to continue to recruit overseas. Having 3 come in, and all 3 only stay a year, before being shown the door is not a great look to put out to other possible European recruits. Not exactly the way that you establish a recruiting network.

However…..it certainly wouldn’t be shocking to find out what you’re saying is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    It took a couple of years, but this is now a complete shitshow. Mix in universal SPORTS BOOK, and the end of "AMATEUR" Major college sports is near.

There is no "Name on the front of the Jersey" anymore. It's ONLY about the name on the back.

How can traditional FAN PASSION continue to exist in this chaos? It's going to destroy team chemistry and make locker rooms chaotic as hell!

I personally, already have a looming disconnect.
    I see your point, but I’m the complete opposite kind of fan. I root for the TEAMS and not the players. I have little or no desire to see a game just because a certain player is playing. But I’ll watch “my” teams no matter who is in the uniforms. I watched the Reds yesterday because I like baseball and the Reds are “my” team. I didn’t know some of the players but that didn’t change anything for me.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Sounds like Xavier is expecting a visit this weekend from Josh Cohen. Big post player who would help bring value experience to a depleted front court.
    He'd be a nice get....first team A-10 center.

For those worried about where these guys are coming from...Alabama just got to the elite eight with 3 transfer guys from mid major programs.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

For those worried about where these guys are coming from...Alabama just got to the elite eight with 3 transfer guys from mid major programs.
    For the 2nd time ever in program history and the first time in 20 years.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore

Would be a nice get indeed. Will be interesting to see if Miller goes for a majority of 5th year type guys in the portal with 1 year of eligibility left or if he want to try to balance the class a bit with some younger transfers.

Supporting Member
    For the 2nd time ever in program history and the first time in 20 years.
    Weird that what we have said all along about nil/transfer portal allowing more parity has become true yet again. Strange:)

And we all know that Clemson has that huge nil war chest, right? Oh actually no, just the opposite lol

Getting closer to 3 big East teams in the final four. That would be the ultimate f you to the rest of college bb. I’m here for it
    Last edited by Xville; 03-29-2024 at 08:04 AM.

W

Getting closer to 3 big East teams in the final four. That would be the ultimate f you to the rest of college bb. I’m here for it
    Yes. I think I could get over Creighton making it there before X even though X would then be the ONLY Big East team (current membership) to not play in a Final Four.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!