Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

The Transfer Portal

An excellent article on how it works and what we can expect….

https://247sports.com/college/xavier...61240/#2383087

2023 Sweet 16

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    It’s gonna be chaos. Having the window open while the season is ongoing is crazy. The coaching musical chairs will be occurring at the same time. Imagine if you have you roster pretty set, a coach takes a new job, which opens up a job that someone takes that opens up a job that someone takes that opens up a job that your coach takes. And then your roster all jumps into the portal in mid / late April and you have no coach and no roster. Sounds amazing
    Are you implying year 4 of this will somehow be more chaos than the others? Or do you post this every year? I can't remember.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 03-12-2024 at 09:19 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Are you implying year 4 of this will somehow be more chaos than the others? Or do you post this every year? I can't remember.
    Yeah I post it every year. And each year is more chaotic than the last.

I bet you held on to your blockbuster stock all the way until the bankruptcy, didn’t you.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Yeah I post it every year. And each year is more chaotic than the last.

I bet you held on to your blockbuster stock all the way until the bankruptcy, didn’t you.
    We are closing in on half a decade of immediate transfer eligibility and NIL, by what year will college sports be ruined or are they already ruined? Will you stop following Xavier basketball once college sports are ruined?

I'll hang up and listen....
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Getting back to discussing the actual portal….

Power forward from Pepperdine just entered the portal. 6’8-6’9….averaged 17 pts a game and 9.9 rebounds. Shot 47% from 3.

Also…

So which players from X do you expect will enter the portal?

And remember that players can enter just to see what kind of NIL money they might get. The new rules allow NIL groups to contact the players directly while they are being recruited AND players can pretty much transfer as often as they like now. There are no limits.

Understanding that, it really won’t surprise me if every player on the roster puts their name out there. Why not? What do they have to lose by seeing what kind of money they might be offered to move? I could see Claude and McKnight for sure and even Swain and Green. I don’t think that any player is for sure coming back, not do I think that they all will leave.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Getting back to discussing the actual portal….

Power forward from Pepperdine just entered the portal. 6’8-6’9….averaged 17 pts a game and 9.9 rebounds. Shot 47% from 3.

Also…

So which players from X do you expect will enter the portal?

And remember that players can enter just to see what kind of NIL money they might get. The new rules allow NIL groups to contact the players directly while they are being recruited AND players can pretty much transfer as often as they like now. There are no limits.

Understanding that, it really won’t surprise me if every player on the roster puts their name out there. Why not? What do they have to lose by seeing what kind of money they might be offered to move? I could see Claude and McKnight for sure and even Swain and Green. I don’t think that any player is for sure coming back, not do I think that they all will leave.
    I’d be very surprised if dayvion did that. I could be wrong but I get the sense that him and miller are very intertwined at this point. The others, sure I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if any of swain, green, Claude did but I don’t expect it.

Yeah, entering the portal certainly isn't a guarantee a player won't be returning, heck KyKy did this a couple years ago, but for my sanity I would love if Claude, McKnight, Swain, and Green didn't enter even if just testing the waters.

Anyone thin Claude will enter the NBA draft for the evaluation? I can't remember if Colby did after soph year and in no way do I think he'd stay in but that is another thing where there isn't any negative to doing so. Unless you don't want an evaluation now when not ready to stick in any scouts minds? But surely they've already seen Des' weaknesses at this point.

Junior
    I think Claude has nba potential. I’m not sure if it’s a PG or SG though. So I actually could see him wanting to go somewhere where they’d:

A) give him as much money as X while also
    B) let him play PG.

McKnight is the teams PG. I know Sean says he likes to build a team that basically has two PGs on court at all times but if there’s one thing Claude was worse at than 3pt shooting, it was passing. He had some god awful pass attempts.

It’s a situation where if we had one PG- McKnight is better suited for that, and if Claude’s best path is to show he can play more PG- then he could look somewhere where that gives him that roll. The only reason I bring the PG stuff up is bc Tu said he is a future nba PG on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think Claude has nba potential. I’m not sure if it’s a PG or SG though. So I actually could see him wanting to go somewhere where they’d:

A) give him as much money as X while also
    B) let him play PG.

McKnight is the teams PG. I know Sean says he likes to build a team that basically has two PGs on court at all times but if there’s one thing Claude was worse at than 3pt shooting, it was passing. He had some god awful pass attempts.

It’s a situation where if we had one PG- McKnight is better suited for that, and if Claude’s best path is to show he can play more PG- then he could look somewhere where that gives him that roll. The only reason I bring the PG stuff up is bc Tu said he is a future nba PG on Twitter.
    Is there a good team who would pay him and give him that opportunity tho? Not sure he'd want to move down, but maybe there is?