Page 110 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1553
    You guys religiously following this portal stuff is impressive. I used to half-heartedly kind of follow high school recruiting, and I found that mostly annoying. This portal stuff is just obnoxious.

Wake me up on November 1 and tell me who's on the roster, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    My understanding is that if you don’t submit paperwork before and you’re not a graduate transfer, you can’t transfer. Can someone confirm that?
    I think you can still transfer, but you’ll have to sit out a year before you’re eligible to play.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You guys religiously following this portal stuff is impressive. I used to half-heartedly kind of follow high school recruiting, and I found that mostly annoying. This portal stuff is just obnoxious.

Yeah, I am in this camp.

I have never been all that interested in recruiting (probably why I have never joined the 247 board). I mean I like to see the announcements when we get a recruit or a transfer but following who those targets are and where else they are going and who is offering is a lot.

Wish we could fast forward a month or so and go from there.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post

100% this ^^^ — I got into recruiting for a while, until Churchhill Odia crushed my enthusiasm for it.

Xville, thanks for the earlier recap. That’s about all my attention span can handle.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    100% this ^^^ — I got into recruiting for a while, until Churchhill Odia crushed my enthusiasm for it.

Xville, thanks for the earlier recap. That’s about all my attention span can handle.
    I followed recruiting VERY closely in the mid to late 90s (Eugene Land, anyone?)

I really wanted us to land a stud PF from Chicago named Ricky Wright. We went after him HARD, but he decided on Villanova. Couple days later we landed a guy I had never heard of and had almost zero recruiting interest. I think his name was David West. Who knew?

Sophomore
    Just to reset a bit here. Here is who we could be seeing a commitment from over the next week or so..either to X or competition, but high priority guys:

Guards:

Ryan Conwell (ISU)---would be an outstanding get. Basically Olivari. 40% 3pt shooter, 6'4 etc. Supposedly Ohio State though is competition.

Dante Maddox (Toledo)---6'2 can shoot but also a slasher. Lots of comp for him. Illini, Louisville etc

Forwards:

Michael Nwoko---meh. could develop for sure but freshman year looks like a lot of our guys this past year: 6'10 245 out of Miami.

John Hugley--Oklahoma...Big boy...some questions from a mental and physical standpoint. Big boy...great sophomore year out of Pitt, pretty disappointing year last year.

Garrison---would be a huge get...out of Oklahoma State. Good Freshman year in a big boy conference. Visited Oklahoma, but didn't commit and has now gone quiet. Maybe a return to Ok St?

Anwyays, that's who is really on the radar for now....as the world turns.
    Thanks for the list. You can also add Dakota Leffew who has put X in his top 6. The coaching staff continues to reach out to other guards in the portal so hopefully it is more due diligence and not that we are missing on our targets. I am still amazed we haven’t been able to land an impact 5 yet given that they would walk in and start at the 5. Maybe Miller is too guard oriented and it puts off impact Bigs but I just don’t get it. Hugley is ok but we need that impact Big. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure it out.

Junior
    Personally think impact guards are more important. Obviously you can’t neglect the bigs (we saw what happens when you have none last year). With Freemantle in place, grabbing a serviceable center is more than fine. Just either someone that can stretch the floor or a big that can be a presence on defense and grab boards. I don’t think we need a big that’s a stud on offense.

Each year is different on the need but guards/wings win in March. Just my preference.

Junior
    Just to reset a bit here. Here is who we could be seeing a commitment from over the next week or so..either to X or competition, but high priority guys:

Guards:

Ryan Conwell (ISU)---would be an outstanding get. Basically Olivari. 40% 3pt shooter, 6'4 etc. Supposedly Ohio State though is competition.

Would be my number one guy. Hope we can land him.

Supporting Member
    another dude to add at the 2/3 position i just saw that is setting up a visit:

BJ Freeman 6'6 from Milwaukee...21ppg 35% from 3. Stud

Visiting:

X
    Providence
    Oregon
    Florida State

Would be a good replacement for Des if he does leave.

BTW Ballo committed to IU. Don't understand why guys keep going there. Woodson can't coach but whatever.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Thanks for the list. You can also add Dakota Leffew who has put X in his top 6. The coaching staff continues to reach out to other guards in the portal so hopefully it is more due diligence and not that we are missing on our targets. I am still amazed we haven’t been able to land an impact 5 yet given that they would walk in and start at the 5. Maybe Miller is too guard oriented and it puts off impact Bigs but I just don’t get it. Hugley is ok but we need that impact Big. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure it out.
    Dude - why is it that 95% of your posts involve throwing subtle shade on XU and/or Miller?