Page 105 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1553
    It can be argued that NIL is an enabler to such behavior. NIL disparities in a given locker room can cause dissension, but do not automatically cause it.

Frankly, BREEDING is a key determinant of how relationships in a locker room work out. It is up to the coach to assemble the right mix of high-character players, set expectations properly, and then focus the team on becoming unified in order for them to achieve their goals.

Hurley seems to have figured this out.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    The rumor mill was that LSU women experienced this rift early in the season. I think it probably quietly affected their quality of play all year. Reese was suspended for 4 games starting at a halftime. The language she used in post game Q&As also gave it away. Whether true or not, she perceived herself in a higher class.

Not here, but among friend and co-workers I have discussed this the last couple of years. Teams can be negatively affected by this and it will largely depend on the players whether it affects the team.
    Saying that it CAN is not the same as saying that it WILL. I think that it is much more dependent upon the level of the maturity of the people involved, then it is about the level of the money involved.

Freshman
    Independent of the question of any dissension in the men’s basketball locker room over differences in NIL compensation is the looming question of whether Title IX is going to be deemed to require some proportionality in NIL compensation among the men’s and women’s teams. Now that it is clear that the players are not being paid relative to their NIL value but relative to their playing skills the women’s teams will be arguing that compensation should be paid to them. Because the collective’s paying the money are now considered third party entities independent of the schools the argument is that the schools are not discriminating among men and women.Ultimately the answer will turn on the whether the collectives are “ institutionally facilitated “; that is the extent to which coaches, athletic directors , administrators and other university employees encourage or direct contributions to the collectives . Some have suggested that the schools have fought against collective transparency because it will be obvious that the men but not the women are the benficiaries.

All-Conference
    This is starting feel like last year. We don't seem to be getting our main targets.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Saying that it CAN is not the same as saying that it WILL. I think that it is much more dependent upon the level of the maturity of the people involved, then it is about the level of the money involved.
    These are college students. Some (many) of which have never lived a lifestyle where money was NOT an ongoing concern. And it’s also realistic to assume that these NIL payouts might be the most money some of these kids make in a year.

So yeah, I have low expectations about the maturity level. It only takes one or 2 guys to wreck a locker room

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling that you are a defense attorney, and your client is the NIL. You run to its defense under any and all circumstances.

It is entirely reasonable to assume that an ungoverned and unregulated system that results in the potential for “haves and have nots” would cause dissension in a locker room full of people 18-22 years old.

Money and jealousy have ruined many pro teams that ultimately performed well below expectations. To suggest that it’s not happening in the college ranks is just naive, or blindly defending it.
    Please provide 5 examples of the many pro teams ruined by jealousy over contracts.

I'll hang up and listen.....
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Please provide 5 examples of the many pro teams ruined by jealousy over contracts.

I'll hang up and listen.....
    Yeah, I’m not doing any homework for you. How about the list of NFL wide receivers and Corners that blow up their locker rooms annually.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    This is starting feel like last year. We don't seem to be getting our main targets.
    Did I miss some news today? Which main targets of ours did Miller not get?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Relax…..you’ll see some additions in the next couple of days, and by the end of this week at the latest. X is in a very good place with at least 3 of their top targets and possibly as many as 5. Players are working their way through visits.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Relax…..you’ll see some additions in the next couple of days, and by the end of this week at the latest. X is in a very good place with at least 3 of their top targets and possibly as many as 5. Players are working their way through visits.
    Thank you for being a calming influence.