Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1553
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Dude - you angry at something?
    No
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I feel pretty good and excited about Maddox. I think Center John Hugley will be a musketeer, too. I also think there’s another couple bigs X is looking at and in the mix for.

Still not sure about Claude
    Yeah I think hugely is ours. He started following free yesterday.

I’ll be surprised if we beat out Louisville for Maddox but we will see. Plenty out there. I just hope we hold on to Claude for continuity purposes.

Sophomore
    Sam Alexis who had Xavier in his final 5 has committed to Florida.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah I think hugely is ours. He started following free yesterday.

I’ll be surprised if we beat out Louisville for Maddox but we will see. Plenty out there. I just hope we hold on to Claude for continuity purposes.
    Well, the Illinois board thought it was between X/illinois. Louisville is going to give the most NIL though. His mom is looking for a smaller school. Think of the Quincy situation, they said he had higher NIL elsewhere but liked the smaller school. He seems to love the X staff. Trilly (there’s that name again) said he thinks X is still in the lead. It’s always changing though. I’ve seen Freemantle trying to get a couple guys, too. There’s a lot of moving pieces right now

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Well, the Illinois board thought it was between X/illinois. Louisville is going to give the most NIL though. His mom is looking for a smaller school. Think of the Quincy situation, they said he had higher NIL elsewhere but liked the smaller school. He seems to love the X staff. Trilly (there’s that name again) said he thinks X is still in the lead. It’s always changing though. I’ve seen Freemantle trying to get a couple guys, too. There’s a lot of moving pieces right now
    Glad to hear that, hope he picks x. Get him and hugely in the fold and get a legit big and we are in decent shape

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Not to get to political, but how many of you on here are thinking an NIL cap vs. free market approach. It is an interesting discussion and might need to be moved, but it's an emerging market where traditional free market thinkers are fans also that want stiff regulations applied to even out the playing field.

The NCAA lacks the jurisdiction ( and even if they had it) it would violate antitrust laws for them to try to cap what any student athlete could receive by way of compensation. In a belated attempt to stay relevant however they passed a regulation effective August 1 2024 that says athletes must disclose details of any NIL agreements to their schools within 30 days of signing. I imagine the NCAA has learned of situations where the athlete does a commercial deal with a booster outside an affiliated collective and the schools want to be informed. As additional window dressing they are preparing a template of a contract and offering educational materials to athletes on NIL . This of course is all the more humorous since they fought compensation and the supposed NIL’s are now a known euphemism for pay to play which they used to sanction schools for doing.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    With Free officially back, and McKnight having said so earlier, we really need Claude to show his commitment and do the same. Those 3, with presumably Swain, Green, Powell and Foster give us a base to recruit from. Maybe Hunter as well (even in a limited capacity).

This puts us 2 BIGS and a Shooting SG way from a decent roster. We need something to recruit into. Claude can go a long way towards that.

Dez Claude is intriguing. Most would agree he is Xavier’s best basketball player, He is highly athletic. He has NBA ambitions . But what is his NBA position? He is a poor shooting guard. And he lacks the leadership skills and temperament to be the floor leader. Because of his athleticism he can now create his own shots, But can he do that , or is that good enough for the NBA .
    At this point in his career can he become a 40 per cent 3 point shooter? Can he be a floor leader?
    Is Xavier the best place for him to be to become who he needs to be to have an NBA career.
    Your opinion ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Fan View Post
    Dez Claude is intriguing. Most would agree he is Xavier’s best basketball player, He is highly athletic. He has NBA ambitions . But what is his NBA position? He is a poor shooting guard. And he lacks the leadership skills and temperament to be the floor leader. Because of his athleticism he can now create his own shots, But can he do that , or is that good enough for the NBA .
    At this point in his career can he become a 40 per cent 3 point shooter? Can he be a floor leader?
    Is Xavier the best place for him to be to become who he needs to be to have an NBA career.
    Your opinion ?
    2 opinions

1. You have to be able to make the 3 to stick in the NBA. He’s not shown that yet. I don’t see the point in trying to showcase his balllhandling skills as a PG if he’s still struggling from 3. Demonstrating excellent handles will not make up for that. The key for him should be working on his shot. He could be an NBA 2G if he adds that.

2. The NBA will find talent. They always do. There is no need to go elsewhere.

Part of me wonder if Dez is just looking for the biggest NIL, but wants to have a cover story on why he would leave. Looks a lot less selfish that way.

Freshman
    2 opinions

1. You have to be able to make the 3 to stick in the NBA. He’s not shown that yet. I don’t see the point in trying to showcase his balllhandling skills as a PG if he’s still struggling from 3. Demonstrating excellent handles will not make up for that. The key for him should be working on his shot. He could be an NBA 2G if he adds that.

2. The NBA will find talent. They always do. There is no need to go elsewhere.

Part of me wonder if Dez is just looking for the biggest NIL, but wants to have a cover story on why he would leave. Looks a lot less selfish that way.
    “Part of me wonder if Dez is just looking for the biggest NIL”.
    Given who he is. Where he might fit. What would you estimate is his FMV?

Sophomore
    …Part of me wonder if Dez is just looking for the biggest NIL, but wants to have a cover story on why he would leave. Looks a lot less selfish that way.
    or, this is just stuff imagined on a message board.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb