Page 145 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1726
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Gee I wonder if the revenue and the expenses equal out to be 0? Wouldn't that be a crazy coincidence? Kind of like "non-profit" school's accounting books.
    Red it and see what it says…….but I’ll tell you up front that they do show a gross profit. The NCAA is not a not for profit organization. It’s a business. The executives make very nice salaries. I personally don’t see profit as a bad word and don’t expect the people that work for the NCAA to take salary cuts in order to see that the athletes make millions.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    The schools in the B10 and SEC won’t even share revenue among themselves voluntarily. I doubt they would be willing to share any money with say the MAC or anyone else outside the conference either. I don’t think that the collectives are going anywhere either.
    By revenue share, I’m speaking to the schools themselves sharing their money with the individuals making them money. I also mean sharing within the conference..tv rights, sponsorships etc. I agree I don’t think the big conferences would ever share with the macs of the world.

Supporting Member
    Red it and see what it says…….but I’ll tell you up front that they do show a gross profit. The NCAA is not a not for profit organization. It’s a business. The executives make very nice salaries. I personally don’t see profit as a bad word and don’t expect the people that work for the NCAA to take salary cuts in order to see that the athletes make millions.
    Do what? The NCAA is 100% a non profit organization.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Who would that be exactly? The NCAA?

https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2016/5/1...-money-go.aspx
    The NCAA
    The Conferences
    The Conference Commisioners
    The Schools
    The Head Coaches

To name a few
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

You answered your own question to me.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

By revenue share, I’m speaking to the schools themselves sharing their money with the individuals making them money. I also mean sharing within the conference..tv rights, sponsorships etc. I agree I don’t think the big conferences would ever share with the macs of the world.
    Probably very likely.

Let's be 1000000% honest. The money is there. A lot of people are making a lot of money in college athletics. To pretend like there is none and there is no solution to the inevitable future of players being school employees, is foolish.

I guess college athletics will just cease to exist then?

Do what? The NCAA is 100% a non profit organization.
    Correct

Anyone have any portal news or rumors?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    That would certainly be much more interesting than the current trend of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Posh Alexander in the portal......