Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Honestly, it’s kind of a fair point. 2018 was really the last time that Xavier was fully Xavier.. last year was the anomaly in recent history. I have little doubt that miller can get x back to that 2018 level, but it’s been a bit.

All-Conference
    It's certainly true, I'll give you that. But it's not X.

I think that's why so many people are frustrated with this season, knowing what we had to endure with Steele.

When it's all said and done, it's probably close to a decade of impact (his 5 years, and the 5 it will take to get back to that point) with that terrible hire.

There are just not many starting level front court players that made a difference this year in the portal. X cannot expect to get many if any of those guys. It's imperative Miller recruits and develops those players. Wings/guards are everywhere. We should be able to lock down some of those.

Supporting Member
    According to the Enquirer - Kam Craft is the first to enter the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by X Matters View Post
    According to the Enquirer - Kam Craft is the first to enter the portal.
    Will be interesting to see what kind of market there is for Craft. Fairly high ranking coming out of HS, but then didn’t have many opportunities or show much as a freshman. Missed this year due to injury.

Will he drop down to assure himself some PT and then maybe transfer again later once he’s established he can play? Or will he be a low risk, cheap option for a big 6 school that is looking for a guy under the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    There are just not many starting level front court players that made a difference this year in the portal. X cannot expect to get many if any of those guys. It's imperative Miller recruits and develops those players. Wings/guards are everywhere. We should be able to lock down some of those.
    Portal has only been open a few days. There are still hundreds and hundreds of players that are going to enter it. X has already reached out to 1/2 a dozen front court players. Be patient.

Because of portals, and NILs, and possible "employee" situations and unions, are regular scholarships just for one year now?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Because of portals, and NILs, and possible "employee" situations and unions, are regular scholarships just for one year now?
    I heard some NIL deals are for two years. Not sure how that would hold in court tho.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    They are, but I think that happened before the transfer and NIL rules went into effect.

If a player enter the portal, does he forfeit his scholarship at that point...and it may be there if he comes back?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.