Page 98 of 156 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    yeah he said that one too...since ya know, it's the same quote without the additional illegal word in it.
    Well, “illegal” part of the quote is kind of the salient point, don’t ya think?

Why would you have omitted that when you quoted it previously?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Well, “illegal” part of the quote is kind of the salient point, don’t ya think?

Why would you have omitted that when you quoted it previously?

And...here's the spin. Knew it was coming. Tell me... when I gave the quote, what do you think Painter could have possibly meant by "before?" My bad, I guess you need things spoon fed to you like a baby. Either that or you're just being an ass per usual because you can't ever admit you're wrong.

I agree with everything you said about the transfer portal. Great call.

NIL I dunno. I think the top guys that are asking for that money, have been getting that kind of money for a long time now even before NIL. Not sure that's ever going to change if you don't put some kind of guardrails up, to at least try to reign it in a bit.

Would it be possible to have a salary cap for every p6 team with transparent numbers? That's what I'd like to see. You're going to have some cheating probably, but at least there is something,? I dunno. Its tough.
    A cap makes sense in a professional league to promote competition and it's the teams that pay out salaries. An NIL cap is complicated since I believe the teams aren't doling out the money. It's these NIL pots which I thought work outside of the school's control. I am probably wrong there though. Some on here should give me better information.

The portal could be limited to one free transfer per career and a free transfer if the coach leaves/terminated.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    A cap makes sense in a professional league to promote competition and it's the teams that pay out salaries. An NIL cap is complicated since I believe the teams aren't doling out the money. It's these NIL pots which I thought work outside of the school's control. I am probably wrong there though. Some on here should give me better information.

The portal could be limited to one free transfer per career and a free transfer if the coach leaves/terminated.
    You’re right about the money coming from the collectives and not the schools but feel like there should be some way to do the cap thru that? Probably a pipedream but a cap with some transparent numbers would be nice.

Eventually there will be players union. It’s the only way to collectively bargain. Title IX is the monkey wrench I think.

And...here's the spin. Knew it was coming. Tell me... when I gave the quote, what do you think Painter could have possibly meant by "before?" My bad, I guess you need things spoon fed to you like a baby. Either that or you're just being an ass per usual because you can't ever admit you're wrong.
    Because it’s a true statement. The teams with the most money were getting the best players.

That’s what you quoted.

If that was all he said, then what it comes down to is your interpretation of what he “meant”.

I look at a quote like that and just see that it can be true without some overinterpretation.

Putting the “illegal” part into the quote changes the basic meaning. It no longer needs to be dissected by everyone to determine what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Eventually there will be players union. It’s the only way to collectively bargain. Title IX is the monkey wrench I think.
    I'm just wondering how they're going to avoid ruining the system for someone like my daughter who is getting an INCREDIBLE deal as a scholarship athlete in a non-revenue sport. If it goes union, do they just get rid of those sports or scholarships?

I just need something resembling this current system to last three more years. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm just wondering how they're going to avoid ruining the system for someone like my daughter who is getting an INCREDIBLE deal as a scholarship athlete in a non-revenue sport. If it goes union, do they just get rid of those sports or scholarships?

I just need something resembling this current system to last three more years. Please.
    I'm assuming since you aren't paying for tuition, all that money you're saving is going toward the X NIL fund.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I'm assuming since you aren't paying for tuition, all that money you're saving is going toward the X NIL fund.
    In my mind, I'm not saving any morey for two reasons:

1) Do you know how much 10 years of club gymnasics costs?!?

2) I wasn't planning to pay for grad school. Now I am.

Also, I try to make up for wasting all my time/energy on sports by only giving money to the university itself. It eases my conscience somehow.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Only a matter of time until they are employees of the school and then yes unions will make sense from there.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17