Page 104 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Goodman tweeted Lazar has committed to Charleston. Good chance for him to get PT. Solid get for Mack.
    Sounds about right. In spite of all the insistence that Lazar was loaded with talent, the reality was that he had possibly the lowest productivity of any rotational XU player in 40 years.

Wonder what the “lazar defenders” have to say?

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Well we certainly don’t want that to happen!!!
    At least I will come up from Florida to smack my gob at Dana‘s.

The whole thing will not be a total loss.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Sounds about right. In spite of all the insistence that Lazar was loaded with talent, the reality was that he had possibly the lowest productivity of any rotational XU player in 40 years.

Wonder what the “lazar defenders” have to say?
    He has potential. We shall see what happens. He’s only going to be a sophomore and the last five games, when he really got time, he averaged what abou did (for the season as a senior) from a point/rebounding perspective.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-13-2024 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    He has potential. We shall see what happens. He’s only going to be a sophomore and the last five games, when he really got time, he averaged what abou did (for the season as a senior) from a point/rebounding perspective.
    We X fans put a lot of hope into Lazar. He didn't have the best frosh year but the last 4-5 games showed he does know basketball and he can play better than his prior chances.
    I still hope Lazar dominates for Mack and he is draftable in NBA someday in his future.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    He needs to work on his shooting. He doesn’t need to transfer to accomplish that.
    Correct.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think you missed his point. There’s no credible information out there Des is actually even considering transferring or entering the portal.
    Also correct.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Money concerns have sometimes created huge riffs in locker rooms and affected team chemistry to a point where teams do not achieve the results that they are capable of. But only sometimes. It’s not an inevitable situation.
    The rumor mill was that LSU women experienced this rift early in the season. I think it probably quietly affected their quality of play all year. Reese was suspended for 4 games starting at a halftime. The language she used in post game Q&As also gave it away. Whether true or not, she perceived herself in a higher class.

Not here, but among friend and co-workers I have discussed this the last couple of years. Teams can be negatively affected by this and it will largely depend on the players whether it affects the team.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    The rumor mill was that LSU women experienced this rift early in the season. I think it probably quietly affected their quality of play all year. Reese was suspended for 4 games starting at a halftime. The language she used in post game Q&As also gave it away. Whether true or not, she perceived herself in a higher class.

Not here, but among friend and co-workers I have discussed this the last couple of years. Teams can be negatively affected by this and it will largely depend on the players whether it affects the team.
    There is zero reason to believe Reese would not have behaved the same way causing the same friction before NIL. Great player, highly publicized, off a national championship.

What was her NIL income last season? What was it this season?

Players (definitely in the pros) want to see fellow players get as much as possible and don't like to talk about other players money.

I think you are stretching to assume LSU and Reese's situation had anything to do with NIL and that she would not have acted the same way coming off a championship and being highly covered, pre NIL.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    There is zero reason to believe Reese would not have behaved the same way causing the same friction before NIL. Great player, highly publicized, off a national championship.

What was her NIL income last season? What was it this season?

Players (definitely in the pros) want to see fellow players get as much as possible and don't like to talk about other players money.

I think you are stretching to assume LSU and Reese's situation had anything to do with NIL and that she would not have acted the same way coming off a championship and being highly covered, pre NIL.
    Sometimes I get the feeling that you are a defense attorney, and your client is the NIL. You run to its defense under any and all circumstances.

It is entirely reasonable to assume that an ungoverned and unregulated system that results in the potential for “haves and have nots” would cause dissension in a locker room full of people 18-22 years old.

Money and jealousy have ruined many pro teams that ultimately performed well below expectations. To suggest that it’s not happening in the college ranks is just naive, or blindly defending it.

Supporting Member
    It is also entirely possible to believe that nil had zero to do with it. Reese plays the victim any chance she gets but dishes out bs, that would rub anyone the wrong way. That along with a despicable human being for a coach and you have a powder keg