Page 150 of 174 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1731
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    teetering fan interest
    “Men's NCAA Tournament sees record viewership through Saturday games“

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...ent-viewership

Hett never lets facts get in the way of his predetermined narrative!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    “Men's NCAA Tournament sees record viewership through Saturday games“

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...ent-viewership

Hett never lets facts get in the way of his predetermined narrative!
    And D-West & Po-Z never fails to be looking in the rearview mirror at all times, instead of seeing the signs of what will come.

Blockbuster.......Netflix.

And D-West & Po-Z never fails to be looking in the rearview mirror at all times, instead of seeing the signs of what will come.

Blockbuster.......Netflix.
    We are about half a decade into NIL and portal.

You claim fans are uninterested, yet you post here all day everyday about the sport and viewership of the main event is at an all time high.

Parity is at an all time high.

How long must we wait for the sport to be ruined as you predict? A decade? 15 years? 20?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

We are about half a decade into NIL and portal.

You claim fans are uninterested, yet you post here all day everyday about the sport and viewership of the main event is at an all time high.

Parity is at an all time high.

How long must we wait for the sport to be ruined as you predict? A decade? 15 years? 20?
    I think the game is at a near apex in interest and viewership. I also think there is a new parity in basketball, but I think the issue here is that pre-portal it would happen now and again. That team would experience 2-3 years of success and go back. Now, a smaller school can have it but see all their good players leave in the portal. It is a one year and done scenario right now. You see a nice run and then big teams gut the smaller ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I think the game is at a near apex in interest and viewership. I also think there is a new parity in basketball, but I think the issue here is that pre-portal it would happen now and again. That team would experience 2-3 years of success and go back. Now, a smaller school can have it but see all their good players leave in the portal. It is a one year and done scenario right now. You see a nice run and then big teams gut the smaller ones.
    Sure that happens to some degree, although it did not happen to FAU after making the final 4, all of their players returned.

That isn’t ruining the sport for me though. I mean if we were all fans of western Kentucky, or Rice, or some low or mid major school I’d get it. It would suck more. It’s done almost nothing but help Xavier though.

Sure that happens to some degree, although it did not happen to FAU after making the final 4, all of their players returned.

That isn’t ruining the sport for me though. I mean if we were all fans of western Kentucky, or Rice, or some low or mid major school I’d get it. It would suck more. It’s done almost nothing but help Xavier though.
    yeah, we've been killing it the last few years.

Junior
    yeah, we've been killing it the last few years.
    You can point to last year all you want but don稚 forget Two years ago was one of the best years in Xavier history. We致e only gotten further in the tournament 3 times. Been better than a 3 seed twice. Only one year did we finish better in the BE. I know it gets glossed over to help your argument though.

No amount of NIl would help Steele
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-26-2024 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    You can point to last year all you want but don’t forget Two years ago was one of the best years in Xavier history. We’ve only gotten further in the tournament 3 times. Been better than a 3 seed twice. Only one year did we finish better in the BE. I know it gets glossed over to help your argument though.

No amount of NIl would help Steele
    Hett knows all these things. His narrative is his narrative though.

Hett knows all these things. His narrative is his narrative though.
    shouldnt you be on a picket line somewhere? Fighting for the oppressed?

shouldnt you be on a picket line somewhere? Fighting for the oppressed?
    That's rich coming from the guy lamenting over the workload of millionaire coaches!