Page 153 of 172 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1713
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Xavier just got a commitment from a big Lassina Traore from Long Beach State. On paper I really like XU’s roster.
    So glad to see he committed! Averaged a double double.. not bad!!

Good thing we aren’t good in the transfer portal in this new era though…. Or wait is it big men? No got two of those.. what will hett complain about? I’m sure he’ll find something!

Junior
    I’m optimistic about the two bigs. I think they complement each other well. But I wasn’t quite as big into the portal stuff last year so I can’t recall if Abou was looked at as a solid get, too. Again some good pieces, I think, but I’ll wait till the season starts to brag about the bigs recruitment. Luckily, those two are more complimentary pieces, where as this last season we had to completely rely on late portal players to be the entire front court.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Xavier just got a commitment from a big Lassina Traore from Long Beach State. On paper I really like XU’s roster.
    I like this pickup.

I think individually, each of the 5 guys we picked up (so far) are solid.

Collectively, Pros: obvious emphasis on outside shooting, rebounding and interior size. Cons: a little redundant skill sets among Foster, Maddox and Conwell. Also, not really seeing any rim protection.

Not sure where the roster sits at this point, but if we have any more spots available I’d target a younger big guy project that might be that rim protector

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So glad to see he committed! Averaged a double double.. not bad!!

g!

A double double for 2 years! His soph and junior season.

Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    A double double for 2 years! His soph and junior season.
    Look, this is a total homerun IMO. Bank on the fact that Coach Miller/Staff will max this guy out.

Until something drastic changes, there is massive difficulty in competing for a BEast Championship without this kind of "unteachable" size.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

Not sure where the roster sits at this point………
    It’s not that difficult……the max roster size is 15. The max scholarships allowed are 13. They now have 11 scholarship players. That leaves 2 open scholarships/4 total open spots.

Expect X to pick up at least 1 more scholarship player, possibly 2. Most likely (IMO) to be either a freshman or international player for depth and practice purposes. Maybe both. Then add in 2-3 walk-on players to fill out the 15 person roster.

The key difference for next season vs this past season is that any players added from here on will be depth pieces and will not be expected to contribute much. That is, if the current roster can stay healthy.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-28-2024 at 06:05 AM.

President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    \

I get a bit of a Romain Sato vibe; background, attitude and personality wise.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It’s not that difficult……the max roster size is 15. The max scholarships allowed are 13. They now have 11 scholarship players. That leaves 2 open scholarships/4 total open spots.

Expect X to pick up at least 1 more scholarship player, possibly 2. Most likely (IMO) to be either a freshman or international player for depth and practice purposes. Maybe both. Then add in 2-3 walk-on players to fill out the 15 person roster.

The key difference for next season vs this past season is that any players added from here on will be depth pieces and will not be expected to contribute much. That is, if the current roster can stay healthy.
    Well, it’s kinda difficult.

We lost Q, Abou, Ciani, Gytis, Lazar, Craft, Ducharme, Nzeh, and Claude. 9 right?

We picked up Foster, Connell, Maddox, Hugley, Traore and Powell. 6 right?

But don’t forget about Hunter and Free. I think.

But last year we also had Dayvion, Swain, Green. And walk-ons Nunge, Colbert, Saborin, and Wolf. That’s another 7.

So last year we had 9 guys that left and another 7 that stayed or were walk ons. So isn’t that 16? BEFORE counting Free and Hunter? So 18?

So back to the original question, where does the roster sit right now. For scholarship players, we have 3 returners, 5 incoming transfers, and 1 freshman. Add Free and Hunter. That’s 11. So 2 more scholarships available? Makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense is saying the max roster size is 15 when we had 18 guys last year (or 16 if you don’t count Hunter and Free).

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Well, it’s kinda difficult.

We lost Q, Abou, Ciani, Gytis, Lazar, Craft, Ducharme, Nzeh, and Claude. 9 right?

We picked up Foster, Connell, Maddox, Hugley, Traore and Powell. 6 right?

But don’t forget about Hunter and Free. I think.

But last year we also had Dayvion, Swain, Green. And walk-ons Nunge, Colbert, Saborin, and Wolf. That’s another 7.

So last year we had 9 guys that left and another 7 that stayed or were walk ons. So isn’t that 16? BEFORE counting Free and Hunter? So 18?

So back to the original question, where does the roster sit right now. For scholarship players, we have 3 returners, 5 incoming transfers, and 1 freshman. Add Free and Hunter. That’s 11. So 2 more scholarships available? Makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense is saying the max roster size is 15 when we had 18 guys last year (or 16 if you don’t count Hunter and Free).
    Well if you don’t want to take the time and effort to look at who is currently on the roster and look at the NCAA regulations, then why should expect anyone to do it for you? There are lots of sites where you can find the roster as it currently sits and a Google search will send you to the NCAA roster limits. It’s not that difficult. I really thought that the scholarship/roster limits was common knowledge. Seems it’s been discussed on this board virtually every year for as long back as I can remember. Maybe it’s time for you to do your own research?