Page 32 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLmickcronin View Post
    I keep having this thought over and over. I know with free/hunter we were in an odd situation this year but miller keeps saying how the talent will never be like this again and how next year the roster will be different. Why would we expect to bring in better than abou or ciani, etc? If we could have we would have last year. I love miller the coach but I think clearly we have a cap on who we can afford in the portal. We’re going to be getting these mid tier guys. Even with Q and McKnight they were solid but not headline worthy.
    good gawd. This has been repeated over and over and over and over. Free and Hunter went down very late. There was not enough time to find adequate replacements for them. They did the best they could with what time they had.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    What is the role for this guy? Is he the replacement for Quincy? I hope not. We had a problem with 3 point shooting this year, and this guy took half his shots from 3 and hit less than 30%. And, his career assist to TO ratio is exactly 1.0.

?
    Meh. He has a season shooting 35% and 36%. He went 4/9 against Virginia from 3 in the opening round upset last year. But I don’t necessarily think X is counting on him as a starter yet. I’d guess a rotational piece. We will see.

I do think Sean values the older guys. Mentioned on his podcast how it felt like we played rosters full of 4 and 5th year seniors and how much of a difference that makes. If this is an experienced guy who can shoot 35% from 3, while being a good guard rebounder- I’ll take it.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    WHOA! Committed!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marcus-foster

BOOM!

And yes I know people will nitpick and see the 3pt percentage this year, but 6'4 200 and rebounds well at this position.'

It's a good start. 3 more!
    His physical stature and stats are similar to Claude’s. He doesn’t seem to be a good shooter (only 42.5% from the field), but he’s +80% from the line, and his 30% from three this past season was on seven APG. His 3-pt% was in the mid-30s the previous couple seasons, on fewer attempts. I suspect Sean will manage his 3-pt volume, so hopefully we’ll see his percentage back in the mid-30s. Still think we need a sharpshooter. ;)
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I am just going to roll with Coach Millers ability to select guards in the Portal and be happy.
    Seriously. People act like Miller is a moron.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Wow, who knew that after building X into a legitimate annual tournament team and then doing the same at Arizona that after 17 years as a head coach that Miller would have lost his touch so quickly? A few here keep bringing up the Euros and Abou, but do they also forget about Boum and Olivari? They aren’t happy about the one they got so far, but have they forgotten that there are still many more to come? Do they really expect EVERY player to be a home run? Recruiting is a crap shoot at best. There are a few McDonalds AA players in the portal that didn’t work out at their first stop and might not work out anywhere. There are also some players that nobody knew anything about and have become big parts of other BE rosters. Some people just need to relax and stop worrying.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 03-27-2024 at 03:52 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Wow, who knew that after building X into a legitimate annual tournament team and then doing the same at Arizona that after 17 years as a head coach that Miller would have lost his touch so quickly? A few here keep bringing up the Euros and Abou, but do they also forget about Boum and Olivari? They aren’t happy about the one they got so far, but have they forgotten that there are still many more to come? Do they really expect EVERY player to be a home run? Recruiting is a crap shoot at best. There are a few McDonalds AA players in the portal that didn’t work out at their first stop and might not work out anywhere. There are also some players that nobody knew anything about and have become big parts of other BE rosters. Some people just need to relax and stop worrying about things they obviously know little or nothing about.
    Oh you didn’t know? To some, Miller was only successful because it was easy in the a10 and at Arizona to build a roster and do well. And disregard that sweet 16 last year, apparently miller didn’t recruit Boum or coach that team either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Are you positive about anything Xavier, ever? Why are you a fan? Everything is doom and gloom with you constantly.

If you are so concerned about transfer ranking, his is the same number that Quincy's was at 89.0 .

He is one piece to the puzzle. Let's see who else they get.
    Do you ever take the Blue Glasses off?

13-7. I'll bring it up again. there is absolutely nothing logical about that prediction. We were like 5-5 and you were sticking to that. Yeah, we were gonna finish 8-2. Your outlook is colored with your fandom. Its like these are your children, and they can do no wrong.

I thought Miller didnt have his best year this year. Does that mean I permanently think that Miller is a terrible coach? NO. But he had a crap roster this year that he put together. Own it and move on.

So moving on, I'm carefully watching the moves we make over the next several weeks. I think losing all 3 of our big guys is a problem. Maybe he wanted them to leave, or maybe he didnt. But we for sure now need a starting Center and a backup big from the portal from the portal that is sparce with quality bigs. Supply and demand basics will mean that we will need to overpay for average bigs, which will limit what else we can do in the portal. And we need shooting. Like, ALOT of shooting.

And I said, lets see what the role will be for this guy. If he's the replacement for Qunicy (who replaced Boum nicely), then i think we might be in trouble. Thats a "meh" pickup. But if hes a rotational guy then thats actually great.

And maybe I'm wrong and this guy goes from being a 30% shooter to a 40% shooter....but how often does that happen?

i thijnk the roster management has been iffy for the last 2 years. Sean inherited the team last year and really only added Boum to replace Scrugss. he did a GREAT job of tinkering the offense and we had versatile guys like Colby, Jack, Free, Kunk, etc. But we also kept Tandy, Ceasar, and Miles as dead weight. And that cost us, casue this year we had to try to make a run at it with a bunch of spare parts. and it didnt work, and we are in EXACTLY that spot again. We are not close to being competitive. We need a MAJOR talent influx. Adding a 5th year guy from a .500 Furman team doesnt excite me, especially for the long term.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Meh. He has a season shooting 35% and 36%. He went 4/9 against Virginia from 3 in the opening round upset last year. But I don’t necessarily think X is counting on him as a starter yet. I’d guess a rotational piece. We will see.

I do think Sean values the older guys. Mentioned on his podcast how it felt like we played rosters full of 4 and 5th year seniors and how much of a difference that makes. If this is an experienced guy who can shoot 35% from 3, while being a good guard rebounder- I’ll take it.
    I could be off base here, but you think a guy who averaged 17 PPG at a decent mid-major is coming in expecting to play 10 MPG, in his fifth and final year, for a program that’s made one tourney appearance the past six years?
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I am just going to roll with Coach Millers ability to select guards in the Portal and be happy.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I could be off base here, but you think a guy who averaged 17 PPG at a decent mid-major is coming in expecting to play 10 MPG, in his fifth and final year, for a program that’s made one tourney appearance the past six years?
    thats a really good question, but why are you being so NEGATIVE? why would you ask a logical question like that if it doesnt fit the "I'm the worlds biggest Xavier fan 100% of the time" narrative.