Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Can y'all post some predictable roster "norms" going forward? I mean, is the culture, unity, family concept going by the wayside?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Can y'all post some predictable roster "norms" going forward? I mean, is the culture, unity, family concept going by the wayside?
    I think the culture family concept will still be there, but it’s going to take a year or two to fully rebuild it, and the core will probably be smaller than it was in the past.

Making a whole lot of assumptions here but my thought is that 3-4 of the young guys will be staying on the roster and will hopefully be our core going forward, then supplement that with free/hunter, Powell and 3-4 transfers. Following year have 2-3 hs recruits and rinse/repeat with transfers we need etc. it’s going to be a mix… wil have the core, freshmen recruits and transfers. That’s the model going forward imo and I think x will be fine.

Supporting Member
    As expected, dayvion just announced he’s coming back. Awesome to have him back and second year in millers system

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think the culture family concept will still be there, but it’s going to take a year or two to fully rebuild it, and the core will probably be smaller than it was in the past.

Making a whole lot of assumptions here but my thought is that 3-4 of the young guys will be staying on the roster and will hopefully be our core going forward, then supplement that with free/hunter, Powell and 3-4 transfers. Following year have 2-3 hs recruits and rinse/repeat with transfers we need etc. it’s going to be a mix… wil have the core, freshmen recruits and transfers. That’s the model going forward imo and I think x will be fine.
    Ok, but my point and focus was the NOW non-traditional trend that goes against building ""culture".

There will be ZERO consistent ways of keeping perceived valuable talent in our program, because of the unpredictable whims of self absorbed youngsters. In what methodology can you keep ANY "student athletes" without the necessary expected payment?

As expected, dayvion just announced he’s coming back. Awesome to have him back and second year in millers system
    This is ABSOLUTELY HUGE!!!

I mean off the chart huge. He is going to be statistically an ALL TIME PG at XU next season!!!

Supporting Member
    Ok, but my point and focus was the NOW non-traditional trend that goes against building ""culture".

There will be ZERO consistent ways of keeping perceived valuable talent in our program, because of the unpredictable whims of self absorbed youngsters. In what methodology can you keep ANY "student athletes" without the necessary expected payment?
    There are those who will be straight mercenaries as there have always been, and then there are people like Dayvion who is happy with where he’s at, and the dough he’s getting. Culture can still be built at Xavier, it just looks a little different.

Junior
    I think the culture family concept will still be there, but it’s going to take a year or two to fully rebuild it, and the core will probably be smaller than it was in the past. .
    I actually think culture and family concept becomes more important than ever before. It’s harder than ever to build, but the ones that do will be the most successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I actually think culture and family concept becomes more important than ever before. It’s harder than ever to build, but the ones that do will be the most successful.
    Huh???

I mean really Huh???

You do realize that ALL of this kids are children of social media, right? It is safe to assume that the majority of basketball prospects are highly influenced by "hip hop money swag" aspirations, no?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-22-2024 at 10:49 PM.

Huh???

I mean really Huh???

You do realize that ALL of this kids are children of social media, right? It is safe to assume that the majority of basketball prospects are highly influenced by "hip hop money swag" aspirations, no?
    No….no more than in the past anyway. IMO the kid that stays at a university for 4 years won’t completely disappear, even though it won’t be as prevalent as it was in the past. The transfer rules will allow more movement, but it won’t be that every kid moves around either. It will be different, but it won’t be a complete roster rebuild every year for every program. It’s a pretty simple statement to say that the majority of kids are influenced completely by one thing or another, but it’s my experience that it’s not at all accurate. Family, community, relationships, will still play a part in this whole thing. My opinion is that the coaches who do a good-great job in fostering relationships with players and between players in their program are going to be the ones that are the most successful. Money has always been a part of it and will continue to be a part of it, but it’s not the only thing.

There will always be exceptions to the "new rule". However, when "sit out a year" is no longer in play, 3-4 different schools for guys will be common.