Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast

College Basketball Transfer Portal 2024-2025

Starts March 13.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    The transfer portal window to enter is officially March 18th to May 1st. 45 day window this year.

It’s gonna be chaos. Having the window open while the season is ongoing is crazy. The coaching musical chairs will be occurring at the same time. Imagine if you have you roster pretty set, a coach takes a new job, which opens up a job that someone takes that opens up a job that someone takes that opens up a job that your coach takes. And then your roster all jumps into the portal in mid / late April and you have no coach and no roster. Sounds amazing

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    It’s gonna be chaos. Having the window open while the season is ongoing is crazy. The coaching musical chairs will be occurring at the same time. Imagine if you have you roster pretty set, a coach takes a new job, which opens up a job that someone takes that opens up a job that someone takes that opens up a job that your coach takes. And then your roster all jumps into the portal in mid / late April and you have no coach and no roster. Sounds amazing
    Well, they reduced the amount of time the window is open to enter from 60 days to 45. Not that it will make much of a difference. I think it makes more sense to open the window a couple weeks later than it currently opens, but what do I know. The NCAA always makes smart decisions

They open it right after the regular season in order to give all the teams that aren’t in tournaments a jump start and an advantage……right? (Sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Well, they reduced the amount of time the window is open to enter from 60 days to 45. Not that it will make much of a difference. I think it makes more sense to open the window a couple weeks later than it currently opens, but what do I know. The NCAA always makes smart decisions
    Yeah, open it a few weeks later. Ideally, it stays open for a few weeks and THEN contact can happen. So you have a set population. I realize there are challenges with THAT idea, but there are issues with every idea when it comes to NIL.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    It’s gonna be chaos.
    100%
    2023 Sweet 16

All-Conference
    If you enter the portal while your team is still playing, does that deem you ineligible?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If you enter the portal while your team is still playing, does that deem you ineligible?
    I think it seems you stupid.

Supporting Member
    Jevon Porter—-Michael Porter and Jontay Porter’s brother is entering the transfer portal. I’m gonna assume he’s going back closer to Mizzou if not there but he’d be a great stretch four. 6’11 220