Page 121 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1713
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    If they get Maddox and Comwell, does it tell us something about Dez? We have a crowded mix at the 1/2/3 with McKnight, green, Foster, Comwell, Maddox and Dez.

Who is the backup ballhandler in that group? I would have assumed Green, but if Dez sticks around I wonder if Miller has told him he can run some point....

Extending this a little further, Swain pencils in as a 3 that can play a little small ball 4. this team could be very deep. need 1 more big that can play right away and maybe sign a "project" as well just in case.
    Don't worry about it, they should all gel together by the end of Christmas break.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Don’t forget about the international market. I know the last batch did not go over as well as we would have hoped, but Sean has insisted this will be part of the formula.
    My guess is they pay 12 roster spots via NIL and then add 1 international player later on. Nothing to lose at that point either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Sadly, none of those guys are linked with X at all. Porter is probably going to Mizzou, the rest are mostly blueblood schools. X is more in line with bigs below this tier.
    Some bigs I listed may be asking too much, but it’s hard for me to believe that with freaking Sean Miller and co, X can’t reel one of those bigs on that list. Our NIL pockets may not be as deep as say a Kentucky, but we do have money and we no longer are a small time program.

Players in the portal know are typically one of the better teams in the Big East. They know we were just in the Sweet Sixteen a year ago. They know we’ve been a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament less than 10 years ago, and that weve been to a number of Elite Eights. Most importantly, they know X had several players who were part of the Sweet Sixteen roster a year ago coming back. That and a little bit of money ought to entice other complimentary high level players to want to join the team and make a run at a National Championship.

I get that good centers seem to be less plentifulI in the portal, but I refuse to believe we having to pick up the scraps.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Some bigs I listed may be asking too much, but it’s hard for me to believe that with freaking Sean Miller and co, X can’t reel one of those bigs on that list. Our NIL pockets may not be as deep as say a Kentucky, but we do have money and we no longer are a small time program.

Players in the portal know are typically one of the better teams in the Big East. They know we were just in the Sweet Sixteen a year ago. They know we’ve been a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament less than 10 years ago, and that weve been to a number of Elite Eights. Most importantly, they know X had several players who were part of the Sweet Sixteen roster a year ago coming back. That and a little bit of money ought to entice other complimentary high level players to want to join the team and make a run at a National Championship.

I get that good centers seem to be less plentifulI in the portal, but I refuse to believe we having to pick up the scraps.
    Not getting any of the ones on the list you provided. Believe they will still get another good one though. They still have some NIL to play with.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

None of those guys are coming to x, doesn’t mean we are getting scraps, just not the top centers. Still really good players like Hugley that x is involved in and could get

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    The Arizona guy got 1.2M to go to Indiana. Thats strictly a "business decision" there. Why you would leave Arizona is beyond me.

In any case, he probably sets the ceiling in terms of NIL. But I would assume this list of guys would all still command 500K plus. Not sure that we have that kind of room.
    Some of these sites that rank players in the portal don’t have half of the guys I listed anywhere in the top 200. Maybe they just don’t have a good grasp of each player’s potential value to another team. I get that it seems absurd to pursue players who are looking for the most money they can get.

I do think Sean is the type of coach who could reel in a talented center, willing to take less $ to be on a team with some proven talent - a team that could make a run at a National title. Free, Hunter, Dez are the kind of players who should entice a talented center to come aboard. In fact, Hugley pretty much hinted to it being a key factor when he commuted.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-18-2024 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    uconn played a max of 8 guys actual PT. Not saying it isn't true, but all they proved was that if you have 7 really good players that cover all the positions you will win a lot of games lol.
    I stand corrected (I thought they went deeper than that).

Nonetheless, I still like the idea of talented depth that is used strategically. One way to look at it is that Hurley avoided a catastrophic injury bug. I recall Clingan being out earlier in the season, but they were all there at the end and stayed healthy for 6 very important games.
    X A V I E R

boom!!! welcome Dante!!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I stand corrected (I thought they went deeper than that).

Nonetheless, I still like the idea of talented depth that is used strategically. One way to look at it is that Hurley avoided a catastrophic injury bug. I recall Clingan being out earlier in the season, but they were all there at the end and stayed healthy for 6 very important games.
    Totally agree with that. The more good players you have, the better haha. Gives you a little cushion and more options should anything happen with injuries or foul trouble in a given game.

Supporting Member
    Boom! Official… Dante to X. That Twitter account knew something about something.

Great get! Man I can’t wait for Nov!