Page 46 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Based on what I’ve heard said, and also read, my guess that Sean didn’t expect all of these transfers. But I also wasn’t privy to the one on one meetings between Sean and the players, nor was I were I could hear any of the discussions between the coaches. So I could be completely off base. No matter. The fact remains that no matter if it was expected, desired, or what, there are a lot of open roster spots to be filled. I’m confident that the staff will bring in the best players that they can. Lack of potential playing time shouldn’t be much of an issue for any of the players that X will be talking with.
    I heard the opposite actually. I heard (from someone who usually knows, but you never really know when hearing things second and third hand) that everyone in the portal was basically told they should enter the portal.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I heard the opposite actually. I heard (from someone who usually knows, but you never really know when hearing things second and third hand) that everyone in the portal was basically told they should enter the portal.
    Even Lazar?

It took a couple of years, but this is now a complete shitshow. Mix in universal SPORTS BOOK, and the end of "AMATEUR" Major college sports is near.

There is no "Name on the front of the Jersey" anymore. It's ONLY about the name on the back.

How can traditional FAN PASSION continue to exist in this chaos? It's going to destroy team chemistry and make locker rooms chaotic as hell!

I personally, already have a looming disconnect.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-28-2024 at 10:31 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I will subtlety nuance.

This current situation is NCAA suicide.....from a fan perspective. It allows for potential locker room toxicity annually. Basically....It's "One an Done's" for EVERYONE!

XAVIER BASKETBALL has always had a "Family" feel. How can that possibly continue?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-28-2024 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I will subtlety nuance.

This current situation is NCAA suicide.....from a fan perspective. It allows for potential locker room toxicity annually. Basically....It's "One an Done's" for EVERYONE!

XAVIER BASKETBALL has always had a "Family" feel. How can that possibly continue?
    The best and fan favorite player each of the last 2 years was a one and done transfer. Most fans havent seemed to have an issue accepting and connecting with them very quickly.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The best and fan favorite player each of the last 2 years was a one and done transfer. Most fans havent seemed to have an issue accepting and connecting with them very quickly.
    I am going to assume you welcome this new "pay to play" reality in amateur sports. Possibility embrace.

However, the revolving door that has be allowed, especially for the STAR players.....could it possibly destroy the confidence a young fan hoping to see his favorite player the next year......for his favorite team?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-29-2024 at 12:01 AM.

I am going to assume you welcome this new "pay to play" reality in amateur sports. Possibility embrace.

However, the revolving door that has be allowed, especially for the STAR players, totally destroys the confidence a young fan can dream of being the next XAVIER STAR?

What the hell are you NIL pros missing?
    That’s a brick wall there man. I’ve been laying out this exact scenario for 3 years and just get met by “it won’t be a big deal.” Now, when what said would happen is actually happening the response is “it’s no big deal”.

Lost cause here

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    That’s a brick wall there man. I’ve been laying out this exact scenario for 3 years and just get met by “it won’t be a big deal.” Now, when what said would happen is actually happening the response is “it’s no big deal”.

Lost cause here
    Yep, just two more programs in the Elite 8 this year who havent been there in 2 decades, fresh blood making deep tourney wins just as you predicted!

However, the revolving door that has be allowed, especially for the STAR players.....could it possibly destroy the confidence a young fan hoping to see his favorite player the next year......for his favorite team?
    I favor what is happening now more than the previous ridiculous restrictions the players had before, however there are many ways what is currently happening could be improved upon. Hopefully some things can be agreed upon and tweaked in the future.

If only the NCAA wasn't so damn stubborn about some of this stuff for decades, we wouldn't be here right now.

As for the young fan? Maybe, but seems a little bit like a made up worry.

I have 4 year old and 7 year old boys who are obsessed with Xavier basketball. They were obsessed with Boum last year and (without skipping a beat) Olivari this year. Didn't dampen their enthusiasm for watching the games at all. Just my experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

Lost cause here
    This is just plan fact. Most "Traditional" college sports fans, will simply refuse to have the same passion for their schools. The money and revolving door rosters, is just unacceptable IMO.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-29-2024 at 12:14 AM.