Page 106 of 173 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1730
  1. #1051
    Supporting Member xudash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    9,432
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Thank you for being a calming influence.
    I’ll second that.
    X A V I E R

  2. #1052
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    This is starting feel like last year. We don't seem to be getting our main targets.
    I do get your concerns based on last year. Miller not bringing in a starting 5 from the ports last year was not smart and we paid for it. We should know as others have said about our targets in the next couple of weeks. We should get Hughley from Oklahoma which will be a Abou replacement. He is a good backup big but is not the starting 5 we also need. We are in for a few of them but so are a lot of Big time programs as well. Maddox would be a perfect replacement for Q but I wouldnít be confident he comes here. We are also still reaching out to other transfers. Hopefully we will have a starting Big, Hughley, and a 3 point ace guard in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the end of April is Miller Time in the portal.

  3. #1053
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    17,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Yeah, I’m not doing any homework for you.
    Classic. Can't even name one example off the top of your head.

    The WR's who complain about their catches? Not what we were discussing.

    Never heard of one where the guys on the team blow up the season bc they thought the WR was paid too much.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  4. #1054
    Junior IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Relax…..you’ll see some additions in the next couple of days, and by the end of this week at the latest. X is in a very good place with at least 3 of their top targets and possibly as many as 5. Players are working their way through visits.
    Good to know we still have a good chance with 5 of our biggest targets. I saw we missed out on a few supposed targets. Can you please let us know if there is at least one 5 we are likely to get who is 6¬í 10¬Ē or bigger who is a solid scorer and rebounder. That might really calm some nerves.

  5. #1055
    Supporting Member XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Good to know we still have a good chance with 5 of our biggest targets. I saw we missed out on a few supposed targets. Can you please let us know if there is at least one 5 we are likely to get who is 6¬’ 10¬” or bigger who is a solid scorer and rebounder. That might really calm some nerves.
    No guarantees but Hugley will surprise me if he ends up anywhere else. I believe he is visiting tomorrow or Tuesday and I hope we have a commitment before he leaves. Unlike some others here, I am high on him. I really wish we could have snagged him last off-season, when he left Pitt. I firmly believe that if X had gotten him that they would have dancing last season. I think he will see the light this time around.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-14-2024 at 08:41 PM.

  6. #1056
    Junior IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I do get your concerns based on last year. Miller not bringing in a starting 5 from the ports last year was not smart and we paid for it. We should know as others have said about our targets in the next couple of weeks. We should get Hughley from Oklahoma which will be a Abou replacement. He is a good backup big but is not the starting 5 we also need. We are in for a few of them but so are a lot of Big time programs as well. Maddox would be a perfect replacement for Q but I wouldn’t be confident he comes here. We are also still reaching out to other transfers. Hopefully we will have a starting Big, Hughley, and a 3 point ace guard in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the end of April is Miller Time in the portal.
    Didn’t see this until after I posted my last response.

    Agree that Hugley would be a nice pick up and that regardless of whether X gets him or not, there is an absolute need for a legit 6’11+” center who can be counted on to score, defend and rebounder significantly better than what was available to the team last season.

  7. #1057
    Junior IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    No guarantees but Hugley will surprise me if he ends up anywhere else. I believe he is visiting tomorrow or Tuesday and I hope we have a commitment before he leaves. Unlike some others here, I am high on him. I really wish we could have snagged him last off-season, when he left Pitt. I firmly believe that if X had gotten him that they would have dancing last season. I think he will see the light this time around.
    I’ve posted some of my concerns about Hugley being the only big X lands.

    He has had a few injuries in his college career. Most recently, I believe he had surgery towards the end of last season. Also, he was involved in an incident that resulted in being removed from the Pitt roster for a bit. Is he going to be ready to play for the entire season and is he big enough to fulfill our center needs?

    On the flip side, I have seen him play well in games while at Pitt. Again, I think he would be a great pick up- just can’t imagine Sean is not going to insist on having another bigger center type on the roster, after what he (and all of us) experienced last season.

  8. #1058
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,492
    Biggest question mark is still multiple Big East bigs. We whiffed on bigs in the portal (mostly a victim of circumstance, but still a true statement) - we need a Tyrique type of guy in the paint. There's not alot out there, and the best ones seem to be too expensive for us. So not sure I'm too optimistic about it.

    Need beef in the paint. Priority 1 and 2. Guards are a dime a dozen.

  9. #1059
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,492
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Thank you for being a calming influence.
    I'm not not calm.

    But it's an arms race for quality big guys. We're in for a battle for anyone of these guys that have high level interest from power conference schools. None of this is guaranteed. It's a complete rat race.

  10. #1060
    Supporting Member XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Biggest question mark is still multiple Big East bigs. We whiffed on bigs in the portal (mostly a victim of circumstance, but still a true statement) - we need a Tyrique type of guy in the paint. There's not alot out there, and the best ones seem to be too expensive for us. So not sure I'm too optimistic about it.

    Need beef in the paint. Priority 1 and 2. Guards are a dime a dozen.
    There are a couple of others that X is highly involved with too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •