Page 151 of 173 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1727
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    yeah, we've been killing it the last few years.
    Well, now I will insert myself into this discussion: how do you account for the impact of Steele as Xavier‘s head coach in this scenario?
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Well, now I will insert myself into this discussion: how do you account for the impact of Steele as Xavier‘s head coach in this scenario?
    He was awful. I wanted him out well before he was gone. But my comment was really in response to someone that suggested that we've been benefiting from the Portal and NIL. The proof is in the pudding.

I think we've easily net-benefitted from the portal. By a wide, wide, wide margin. NIL? Not as clear.

But I'm obviously happy for us to put MOR's cash to work.

Supporting Member
    He was awful. I wanted him out well before he was gone. But my comment was really in response to someone that suggested that we've been benefiting from the Portal and NIL. The proof is in the pudding.
    Yep sure is.

Guys we lost that we wanted to keep:

Claude

Guys we have recently gained:

Nunge
    Kunkel
    Olivari
    Boum
    McKnight

Two years ago sweet 16.

This year so far:

Hugley
    Foster
    Maddox
    Conwell

And we aren’t done. Even if we stop there, x is going to be preseason ranked top 25 easily, and projected to be in the tourney. I’d say it’s been pretty good to x. Injuries effed up this past year.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    :

Nunge
    Kunkel
    Olivari
    Boum
    McKnight

Three starters on a 3seed sweet 16 team that finished 2nd in the Big East. Multiple All Big East players. But if you take that all away I’d agree the portal has been tough on X….

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yep sure is.

Guys we lost that we wanted to keep:

Claude

Guys we have recently gained:

Nunge
    Kunkel
    Olivari
    Boum
    McKnight

Two years ago sweet 16.

This year so far:

Hugley
    Foster
    Maddox
    Conwell

And we aren’t done. Even if we stop there, x is going to be preseason ranked top 25 easily, and projected to be in the tourney. I’d say it’s been pretty good to x. Injuries effed up this past year.
    Nunge and Kunkel did not transfer to XU under the current set of rules. Kunkel had to get a waiver, and I think Nunge may have been a grad student. And I don't think there was any NIL either. and if there WAS NIL, it wasnt organized at all and was a fraction of what it being thrown around now.

So yeah, completely different environment. Which is my point in the first place.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Ugh, a new, even worse argument has now arised from Hetts rambling narrative.

X has NOT benefited from the portal.

Apparently, after all the complaining Hett did about our team last year, he is now not seeing the benefit of all those guys being shown the door and X bringing in all conference players from a lower level.

Hett is lamenting the loss of the likes of Kyky, Ducahrme, Miles, Duncomb, Kraft, and others and not at all happy with the additions like McKnight, Olivari, and Boum.

Thats a new one and certainly an interesting one.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Nunge and Kunkel did not transfer to XU under the current set of rules. Kunkel had to get a waiver, and I think Nunge may have been a grad student. And I don't think there was any NIL either. and if there WAS NIL, it wasnt organized at all and was a fraction of what it being thrown around now.

So yeah, completely different environment. Which is my point in the first place.
    Ok even with that minor point, we are still up significantly. The main point is that x has benefited pretty well in this era so far. Take the l hett and move on.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-26-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Freshman
    "never argue with an idiot. they will drag you down to their level then win with experience" - Mark Twain

No way to push that narrative, throughout X's history we are at a rather large net positive when it comes to transfer players. If you net the quality of transfers in vs. those we lost. It is not even close. Even if you jsut consider this portal's era.