Page 109 of 156 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1553
    Supporting Member
    Did I dream that AJ Storr had committed to Illini? Thought that was done...but it looks like he is still open? Anyone know whats going on there?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Koby Brea is in the portal. One of the best 3p shooters in all of basketball last year. If X can wash the Dayton stink off him, would love to have him...assuming he will be highly sought after by the big dogs.
    Would be awesome but not going to be in the mix for him. Will be going to one of the big boys

Sophomore
    Did I dream that AJ Storr had committed to Illini? Thought that was done...but it looks like he is still open? Anyone know whats going on there?
    He's been asking for crazy money and other requests. Going to whoever will give him the most. Think illinois and kansas are the leaders, probably a couple others involved still too.

Supporting Member
    About two weeks until the portal closes. Any chance we hang on to everyone else?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    To be fair, if we based everything off of their freshmen years, Jason Love, Jimmy Farr and BJ Raymond should have been long gone. Sometimes it takes time to reach potential.
    In today’s free agency, Farr and O’Mara would not have stayed to develop at X.

About two weeks until the portal closes. Any chance we hang on to everyone else?
    Heard somewhere that a lot of current NIL money is due to be paid later this month, but that if the player entered the portal, that payment goes away. No clue if that’s true. If it is, there will be a lot of new people jumping into the portal at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    In today’s free agency, Farr and O’Mara would not have stayed to develop at X.
    And/or the coaches would not have allowed them to stay.

It's a two way street that I think much of the blame gets placed on the players.

Coaches are responsible as well for pushing players to the portal in order to open roster spots for other players in the portal who can contribute more quickly.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    What does that mean, exactly? The portal closes and I have not submitted my name........can I no longer transfer or does it simply mean that I don't have the benefit of this "clearinghouse" to assist in marketing my name/availability?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    What does that mean, exactly? The portal closes and I have not submitted my name........can I no longer transfer or does it simply mean that I don't have the benefit of this "clearinghouse" to assist in marketing my name/availability?
    My understanding is that if you don’t submit paperwork before and you’re not a graduate transfer, you can’t transfer. Can someone confirm that?

Supporting Member
    Just to reset a bit here. Here is who we could be seeing a commitment from over the next week or so..either to X or competition, but high priority guys:

Guards:

Ryan Conwell (ISU)---would be an outstanding get. Basically Olivari. 40% 3pt shooter, 6'4 etc. Supposedly Ohio State though is competition.

Dante Maddox (Toledo)---6'2 can shoot but also a slasher. Lots of comp for him. Illini, Louisville etc

Forwards:

Michael Nwoko---meh. could develop for sure but freshman year looks like a lot of our guys this past year: 6'10 245 out of Miami.

John Hugley--Oklahoma...Big boy...some questions from a mental and physical standpoint. Big boy...great sophomore year out of Pitt, pretty disappointing year last year.

Garrison---would be a huge get...out of Oklahoma State. Good Freshman year in a big boy conference. Visited Oklahoma, but didn't commit and has now gone quiet. Maybe a return to Ok St?

Anwyays, that's who is really on the radar for now....as the world turns.