Page 146 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1715
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Posh Alexander in the portal......
    Shocker, I thought he was a good fit at Butler and had a good year

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Shocker, I thought he was a good fit at Butler and had a good year
    For these guys that have roles on teams and already play valuable minutes, especially upperclassmen, it's 100% about the money.

Also seems like his 10th year of eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    For these guys that have roles on teams and already play valuable minutes, especially upperclassmen, it's 100% about the money.

I get it, maybe Butler lowered their NIL deal with him as well

Junior
    I would be stunned if Butler didn't have the lowest NIL in the BE. They have always operated on a shoestring budget.

Supporting Member
    Update on kyky… here are schools with interest…

Oklahoma
    Auburn
    Tulsa
    St. John’s
    Wvu
    Wisconsin
    Fau

Good for him. Hope he goes to a program that makes it to the tourney. Been a long road for him and hope he can have a great last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Do what? The NCAA is 100% a non profit organization.
    I agree…it’s a NON-profit organization.

I said it was not a NOT FOR PROFIT organization.

There is a difference. (I know this because until this January I served on the board of a NOT FOR PROFIT association as VP and P for the last 7 years.) The NCAA says that after paying their Operating Expenses, that the rest of the money goes back to the member schools. Fine, no problem so far, right? However they don’t tell you what are their Operating Expenses are made up of. It is perfectly legal for them to have investments, cash reserves, certificates of deposits, etc. in their organization's portfolio. (And they do) They don’t have to send ALL of “profits” to the schools if they set it up correctly.

In fact, according to a USA Today story they had $565 MILLION dollars in assets at the end of the 2023 fiscal year.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The NCAA
    The Conferences
    The Conference Commisioners
    The Schools
    The Head Coaches

To name a few
    Maybe they should….but I don’t think it ever WILL happen.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

I think that is certainly a factor. Making the NCAA tournament for a guy with only a year left is certainly a factor for some as well.

Although, admittedly, I don't have any idea what Butler's roster looks like next year and, if with Posh, they should be any good?

Des, is another example of a different reason upperclassmen with large roles may transfer.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Traore committed to Louisville. Been a quiet week… wondering when and who that big is going to be

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Update on kyky… here are schools with interest…

Oklahoma
    Auburn
    Tulsa
    St. John’s
    Wvu
    Wisconsin
    Fau

Good for him. Hope he goes to a program that makes it to the tourney. Been a long road for him and hope he can have a great last year.
    wow. He couldnt get off the bench at XU. He drops down a level, becomes a volume scorer (lots of point on ALOT of shots) and basically puts up no other stats (29 more TOs than assists on the season).

And now he's being recruited by some decent programs again. Will be interesting if he gets another shot at that level. it would be REALLY interesting if he ended up at St. Johns and played for Pitino.