Page 117 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1713
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    UConn gets reed… the rich get richer.
    Reed averaged 9 points on an 8 win team. How much richer did they get?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    While I think everyone is excited about getting Hugley, there are legit reasons some on this board (including yours truly) think it would be wise for Sean to secure not just another big - but specifically a true center. In fact, I would be surprised if Sean isn’t still making it a priority.

1. Sean must make sure he will have enough healthy bigs to play every game next season. Hugley was unable to make it through either of his past two seasons (first at Oklahoma and then Pitt the previous season) without having to miss time due to injury or personal issues. We already have two bigs on the roster who have had reoccurring injuries which caused them to miss long stents (even entire seasons) due to their injuries and who’s to say they don’t suffer another injury. Sean can not afford to have another season squandered because he again does not have enough bigs on the roster who are either effective or healthy enough to play next season. He knows it just can’t happen.

2. Hugley is not a true center. He is a 6’9” PF/C. Having another taller center with a longer wingspan - who will make it much harder to score over (closer to a Nunge type player) would really compliment the other bigs on this team and make them more complete. Sean probably won’t get someone as skilled as Nunge, but he can get someone close to his size who can match up with other tall centers, defend well in the paint and rebound pretty well… and make more of those easy buckets that last years bigs couldn’t.
    100% agree! We still need a true Center.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Reed averaged 9 points on an 8 win team. How much richer did they get?
    Just imagine what a 6'10 265 athletic freak can do with a real coach.

All-Conference
    We definitely need 1 more big. Hope we can land one, and hoping the team gets much more balanced and doesn't have to rely on the guards so much.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don’t think that’s a reliable account, more speculation since he is on campus. I’d wait for something more serious to come out.
    I'm waiting for a Markus Walters confirmation.

Supporting Member
    Nwoko committed to miss state.

Hopefully x is getting Garrison, if not back to the drawing board a bit with bigs.

Sophomore
    Still waiting for that official Dante Maddox announcement.

Kind of weird that Rick Broering gets crucified for supposedly being a purveyor of fake news, but we run with some guy on Twitter named @cieguardians?

Supporting Member
    Never said it was official, I even stated that in the post it was Twitter. Gawd forbid.

Yesterday’s news came from Twitter first from a suspect handle about 30 mins before anyone as well. Turned out to be real. Shit happens

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Nwoko committed to miss state.

Hopefully x is getting Garrison, if not back to the drawing board a bit with bigs.
    Back the truck up for Garrison. That solves the Center spot for sure

Junior
    Illinois board says they are hearing Maddox will be committing to X. The writing on the wall appears that way. But until an official commitment I’m not getting excited about it. Louisville was going to offer the most money….at least that’s what was speculated. How anyone would know that is beyond me so I don’t put any stock in that
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-17-2024 at 06:56 PM.