Page 111 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1728
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Personally think impact guards are more important. Obviously you can’t neglect the bigs (we saw what happens when you have none last year). With Freemantle in place, grabbing a serviceable center is more than fine. Just either someone that can stretch the floor or a big that can be a presence on defense and grab boards. I don’t think we need a big that’s a stud on offense.

Each year is different on the need but guards/wings win in March. Just my preference.
    You did watch the finals bewteen 7'4" Edey and 7'2" Clingan, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    You did watch the finals bewteen 7'4" Edey and 7'2" Clingan, right?
    That's a good point. Counterpoint: Edey scored 37 and significantly outplayed Clingan, but his team got blown out because UConn's guards were in a different stratosphere from Purdue's guards.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That's a good point. Counterpoint: Edey scored 37 and significantly outplayed Clingan, but his team got blown out because UConn's guards were in a different stratosphere from Purdue's guards.
    Fair enough. We also lost to those teams 4 times this year with that awful frontcourt we ran out there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    another dude to add at the 2/3 position i just saw that is setting up a visit:

BJ Freeman 6'6 from Milwaukee...21ppg 35% from 3. Stud

Visiting:

X
    Providence
    Oregon
    Florida State

Would be a good replacement for Des if he does leave.

BTW Ballo committed to IU. Don't understand why guys keep going there. Woodson can't coach but whatever.
    Goodman tweeted out that the asking price for Ballo was 1.2 million. Supposedly that is what IU paid. If true then that explains it.

Supporting Member
    Speaking of big men… seeing hugely has committed. If he can be that guy from Pitt, he’s a steal! At worst, a good rotational 5.

Waiting on a more reliable source though for it to be official!

Supporting Member
    Ok miller sent out the bat signal so it’s confirmed. Welcome to X big man!!

Speaking of big men… seeing hugely has committed. If he can be that guy from Pitt, he’s a steal! At worst, a good rotational 5.

Waiting on a more reliable source though for it to be official!
    Just saw it from RB. Said he had canceled his visit to Nebraska after the X visit. I’m hoping that he is physically fit and ready to go. I think he will be a really good addition to the roster. YAY!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Just saw it from RB. Said he had canceled his visit to Nebraska after the X visit. I’m hoping that he is physically fit and ready to go. I think he will be a really good addition to the roster. YAY!
    Excited to have some beef. Guessing miller liked what he heard and saw.

Heard that he may have two years left due to injury year where he only played 8 games? Wonder if that’s true

Excited to have some beef. Guessing miller liked what he heard and saw.

Heard that he may have two years left due to injury year where he only played 8 games? Wonder if that’s true
    Yes, he does have 2 years left. Medical redshirt year and Covid year.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Goodman tweeted out that the asking price for Ballo was 1.2 million. Supposedly that is what IU paid. If true then that explains it.
    I’ve seen that elsewhere too. But what was actually said was that OTHER coaches said that was his asking price. No one knows if Indiana got him for that or for less. I read where X has around 3M in its total war chest, but about 1/2 of that is already spoken for. That still leaves a pretty good chunk of change for the 3-4 additional players expected to be added to the roster, but X can’t afford to spend it all in one place.