Page 21 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    True but there are a ton of shooters out there every year, that I’m not concerned with, the legit 5 though is more concerning
    I know the college basketball landscape has changed but I miss those Matta, Miller, Mack years where we would keep the core 8-9 guys around and add a transfer or two to improve the squad with the freshman. This is the second straight year we are going to see a pretty high turnover rate on the roster. This past year we had arguably one of the worst team in recent memory with several recruiting misses on the front court. Now we enter a second year of a massive rebuild with one recruit coming in and gambling we can beat out other programs for BIG East ready talent. I worry for Miller to bring in the right transfers needed to build this program back into a contender. Especially in this NIL world we live in. Think he is fighting an uphill battle but time will tell. Can’t have another year like last year that’s for sure.

Brad Colbert is the latest Muskie to leave. I’m guessing that he ends up getting playing time at a lower level school and gets his masters degree. Wish him the best of luck. Good Kid.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I know the college basketball landscape has changed but I miss those Matta, Miller, Mack years where we would keep the core 8-9 guys around and add a transfer or two to improve the squad with the freshman. This is the second straight year we are going to see a pretty high turnover rate on the roster. This past year we had arguably one of the worst team in recent memory with several recruiting misses on the front court. Now we enter a second year of a massive rebuild with one recruit coming in and gambling we can beat out other programs for BIG East ready talent. I worry for Miller to bring in the right transfers needed to build this program back into a contender. Especially in this NIL world we live in. Think he is fighting an uphill battle but time will tell. Can’t have another year like last year that’s for sure.
    I am confident Sean Miller have a better team than last year. But you are right. Rebuilding the roster is daunting. If you assume the money is the same and we are pitching a deal to a BE type 4 or 5 that is also considering schools that have a better returning roster than ours which ( fill in number) teams do , what is his sales pitch?

Yea even on podcast with walk ons, Brad talked about transferring down to D2 for playing time. No big surprise because we did have an opportunity to recognize him on senior night.

Sean has the upmost respect for him.
    Last edited by noteggs; 03-25-2024 at 07:39 PM.

I will become an instant fan of whatever school Brad Colbert plays for
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    Our walk-ons are entering the portal? What is this world!?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    . This is the second straight year we are going to see a pretty high turnover rate on the roster. This past year we had arguably one of the worst team in recent memory with several recruiting misses on the front court. L.
    I knew there would be Xavier fans like this. Complaining about overturning the roster, thinking it’s doom and gloom bc of it.

Do you realize how insane your argument is? You go from worrying about overturning the roster while in the same breath talking about how the roster you don’t want overturned just had the worst record in decades. I mean…..how much more evidence do you need that the roster needs to be better?

And I’m Not just calling you out. This team wasn’t good enough. Talent wasn’t good enough. With free/hunter, it probably works. It could be a blessing in disguise, clean these guys out and be aggressive in getting better talent to surround Free/Hunter/McKnight and Claude. Hanging on to a bunch of guys you complained about bringing X a losing record just to avoid high turn over rate is going to bring you…..back the team that brought X the worst record in decades.

Sophomore
    Interesting quote from SM:

Paul Fritschner
    @PaulFritschner
    "I think the best transfer that we're gonna have, or transfers that we're gonna have available for next year's team, are gonna start with Zach Freemantle and Jerome Hunter.

God would not let them miss a single game next year." - Sean Miller

https://twitter.com/PaulFritschner/s...35460440092917

Gotta wonder if some of these bigs are leaving X because Sean has at least one legit PF/C transfer all but locked up and is close to locking up another.

The UMass guy?

The Standford Center looks solid on offense- both inside and out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0DE-7kamY

Not seeing anything about X being connected to this transfer Center from Rutgers, but he looks like he’d be a great fit. Bigger and more athletic than any big we had this season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rutgers-bas...110828209.html.

There is absolutely no way Sean is relying on Free and Hunter to both be able to play all next season without injury. I mean, it would be awesome, but he can not take that chance after this past season. X needs to add two bigs who can guard, rebound and score like legit BE starters. They also need at least one more shooting threat from three.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-25-2024 at 10:50 PM.

Sophomore
    Such a predictable and dumb mess.

https://x.com/danielponeman/status/1...JpQnVeI00Rjsqw
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb