Page 19 of 153 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    It’s been said that a large number of players that enter the portal never find a new place. With the international guys I’d think Sean wants to make sure they have a landing place.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    It’s been said that a large number of players that enter the portal never find a new place. With the international guys I’d think Sean wants to make sure they have a landing place.
    International guys have a smaller population vs frosh or grad transfers. There are some poor international guys riding the bench somewhere.
    I doubt international tranfers get into their school's starting 5 vs riding the bench. I do know that there are some very talented international players but I eould think that a good chunk of these international players ride teh bench often more than you'd realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You do understand that we made the sweet 16 a year ago, right? When nil also existed.

This has been discussed a million times, but again, this past year there were unforeseen(even though you disagree) circumstances that made this year what it was. Combine that with the fact that x didn’t really have a core to build from due to Steele’s shitty high school recruiting, and this year is what we get.

I’m not going to worry about the trajectory of Xavier off one year when we have Sean miller based on conjecture. From my understanding, nil is in good shape to get what we need, x is in the big East and we have Sean miller. What’s not to like? Other than maybe Val Ackerman
    Which BE teams have NIL budgets greater than $3 million?

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    huh? Sean gave those 3 guys a chance to come and play College basketball in the US. he gave each of them AMPLE opportunity. They all wound up on the bench at one point or another. In my mind, none of those guys did enough to "stick" at this level, and they should all strongly consider moving on to improve their prospects of having a productive college career at a lower level.

If they want to leave, Sean will point to the door, and wish them good luck. Alternatively, they may NOT want to leave, and Sean may point to teh door and wish them good luck. I really doubt that Sean will spend one minute of time worrying about where they land. And I'd be absolutely FLOORED if these guys came back next year simply due to the fact that they could find something better. I dont think Sean will waste a roster spot like that.

Can someone please clarify exactly who has entered the portal for XU?

I saw Craft, Nzeh and Abou confirmed. My son showed me a twitter post that said Ciani had entered but that was like 5 days ago and I have not heard anything to confirm that.

McKnight has declared he's staying, right?

So, Green, Swain, Ducharme, and the 3 Euros are still TBD. is that correct?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Can someone please clarify exactly who has entered the portal for XU?

I saw Craft, Nzeh and Abou confirmed. My son showed me a twitter post that said Ciani had entered but that was like 5 days ago and I have not heard anything to confirm that.

McKnight has declared he's staying, right?

So, Green, Swain, Ducharme, and the 3 Euros are still TBD. is that correct?
    Ciani, Abou, Craft, Nzeh all gone. Mcknight back. That's all we know for sure at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    I cant imagine Gytis staying. He was clearly in the doghouse with Miller the last 25% of the season.
    As an outsider I assume Sean is primarily considering two options with Gytis: (1) filling out and submitting the portal paperwork on Gytis' behalf or (2) buying him a plane ticket back to Europe. Possible third option . . . pick him up and take him for a drive out in the country and drop him off somewhere around Miami U with a note around his neck asking Travis to please take good care of him. Fourth option . . . he goes and plays for Nova next year since (according to Sean) that wouldn't even require him to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Ciani, Abou, Craft, Nzeh all gone. Mcknight back. That's all we know for sure at this point.
    Wow, so we had 3 guys that could play center on the roster and they all transferred. You would have thought that Sean would try to encourage one of them to stay. Not because they are great, but because there is a role for backup big man that is seemingly wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Wow, so we had 3 guys that could play center on the roster and they all transferred. You would have thought that Sean would try to encourage one of them to stay. Not because they are great, but because there is a role for backup big man that is seemingly wide open.
    Ciani - I liked him, but he played below the rim, and his slow/finesse game got eaten alive in the BE.

Abou - No words necessary. Big heart that simply was not matched with skill and full concentration. (Words were not necessary, but what the hell).

Nzeh - Sean saw or did not see enough of something with him with respect to development potential that made him not be a go forward piece.

I hope the Joker has the mettle to stay and develop.

What is the value of a back-up if they can't back up effectively.

I'm not dissing your post. I'm just speculating that these exits are occurring for very good reasons.
    X A V I E R

Now we have three open roster spots with what I expect to see at least 2 more open up. 5 new players for next year's team. This is just a tough way to watch college ball. I definitely think the portal calms a bit after the 5 year crap stops, but it will be 2-3 each year from here on out.