Page 13 of 152 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Xavier University Basketball is in the exact disadvantages of the past. It will be defined by elite coaching, staff and the AD.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    You said that you do t understand the hand wringing last year. And we went 16-18. What will it take for you to understand the hand wringing?

The model that XU followed for 35 years to claw its way into national relevance is no longer a viable approach. We can’t find under recruited kids anymore and turn them into Tyrone Hill, Brian Grant, David West and Romain Sato. Those guys are gone after 2 years in this new environment.

We can’t afford to compete in a world where the size of the budget defines the quality of the roster. I do not understand the unwillingness to accept this fact.
    You do understand that we made the sweet 16 a year ago, right? When nil also existed.

This has been discussed a million times, but again, this past year there were unforeseen(even though you disagree) circumstances that made this year what it was. Combine that with the fact that x didn’t really have a core to build from due to Steele’s shitty high school recruiting, and this year is what we get.

I’m not going to worry about the trajectory of Xavier off one year when we have Sean miller based on conjecture. From my understanding, nil is in good shape to get what we need, x is in the big East and we have Sean miller. What’s not to like? Other than maybe Val Ackerman
    Last edited by Xville; 03-22-2024 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You do understand that we made the sweet 16 a year ago, right? When nil also existed.

This has been discussed a million times, but again, this past year there were unforeseen(even though you disagree) circumstances that made this year what it was. Combine that with the fact that x didn’t really have a core to build from due to Steele’s shitty high school recruiting, and this year is what we get.

I’m not going to worry about the trajectory of Xavier off one year when we have Sean miller based on conjecture. From my understanding, nil is in good shape to get what we need, x is in the big East and we have Sean miller. What’s not to like? Other than maybe Val Ackerman
    I will base EVERYTHING on the trajectory going forward, IF Coach Miller can keep Des Claude in a Musketeer uniform!!!!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I will base EVERYTHING on the trajectory going forward, IF Coach Miller can keep Des Claude in a Musketeer uniform!!!!
    what if x doesn't keep des but gets a stud 5? I like Des but id make that trade all day everyday...just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    what if x doesn't keep des but gets a stud 5? I like Des but id make that trade all day everyday...just sayin.
    Because keeping Des is foundational and gives us old guys hope that some sort of team culture is still alive.

There is ZERO stud 5s that XU could land in the portal, that could cancel a Claude departure. We simply are dwarfed in the cesspool of big "NIL" $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

We can’t afford to compete in a world where the size of the budget defines the quality of the roster. I do not understand the unwillingness to accept this fact.
    The quality of the roster doesn’t always determine the result of the contest. Just ask Kentucky.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    The quality of the roster doesn’t always determine the result of the contest. Just ask Kentucky.
    Or auburn.

I wish some school had the balls to structure their NIL deals on performance, instead of the come.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Absolutely.... Calipari is brutally incompetent as a coach. Iis impossible to understand how he has only ONE tournament win since 2019....it is a colossal embarrassment.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Because keeping Des is foundational and gives us old guys hope that some sort of team culture is still alive.

There is ZERO stud 5s that XU could land in the portal, that could cancel a Claude departure. We simply are dwarfed in the cesspool of big "NIL" $$$$.
    Right now there are no stud 4/5s really yet but there will be. As far as nil, we hold our own.

As far as des, we shall see what happens. I do think there is some legitimate concern about his role which has nothing to do with nil. I don’t blame him if that’s what happens… he’s a pg at the next level if he is to ever make it.