Page 91 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Agreed. Though I have a source that said if Sean went to OSU, Mack would’ve been slotted in. Not sure Charleston changes that.
    Missed our chance at Kelsey. I'd take him over Mack in a heartbeat.

Junior
    To each their own. I’ve never been a big Kelsey fan, but I know a lot of the fanbase is.

Sean to Kentucky is a very realistic option right now. At least it’s more than 0% chance. Guessing they’d go through a few other names first, but Sean is on the list.

To each their own. I’ve never been a big Kelsey fan, but I know a lot of the fanbase is.

Sean to Kentucky is a very realistic option right now. At least it’s more than 0% chance. Guessing they’d go through a few other names first, but Sean is on the list.
    Miller is on the list but he is way down that list. He has had one good season and one terrible season at X. If UK grabs him, it will be at a discount relative to their normal pay scale. I still say they will look at a guy like Beard who continues to just win everywhere he goes.

On Kelsey, I actually knew him in school. I watched Charleston every chance I could and his team just does not play very good defense. They score a ton, but when teams clamp down on his offense they lose.

Junior
    We will see. It seems like there is a second tier list of 3-4 guys, and Sean is one of them. I haven’t seen Beard anywhere. I’d sign up for him in a second though, agreed he is a winner.

But he hasn’t been linked to Kentucky at all from what I’ve seen and heard (Matt Jones did an X spaces last night. Underwood and miller were brought up as people Kentucky had had some talks with to gauge interest if it got to that level)
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-11-2024 at 11:53 AM.

I dont know how Will Wade isnt a candidate for any of these openings. That guy has baggage but thorugh the lens of NIL now, he should be a home run hire. He has won everwhere. Would be interesting to see what he could do at a major school now that his past transgressions are all fixed through NIL.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Miller is on the list but he is way down that list. He has had one good season and one terrible season at X. If UK grabs him, it will be at a discount relative to their normal pay scale. I still say they will look at a guy like Beard who continues to just win everywhere he goes.

On Kelsey, I actually knew him in school. I watched Charleston every chance I could and his team just does not play very good defense. They score a ton, but when teams clamp down on his offense they lose.
    Quick! Someone check if there are any scheduled flights from Lunken to Lexington.

Junior
    According to Trilly who like I said before- while he has good info he also gets a lot wrong- says that Pope (byu) Pearl, and Sean are the second tier. Beard could be included in that but he would put him in the tier after the second one.

I don’t think Billy Donavan has declined yet. So he’s probably the top of the list after Hurley and Drew declined

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    According to Trilly who like I said before- while he has good info he also gets a lot wrong- says that Pope (byu) Pearl, and Sean are the second tier. Beard could be included in that but he would put him in the tier after the second one.

I don’t think Billy Donavan has declined yet. So he’s probably the top of the list after Hurley and Drew declined
    For whatever reason Matt Jones doesn't think Hurley has said no.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    For whatever reason Matt Jones doesn't think Hurley has said no.
    Norlander reported it’s not happening.

https://x.com/mattnorlander/status/1...pouy3B6BA2rQBg

Supporting Member
    Honestly, I'm not sure if he can play at the BE level but former Mr. Basketball from KY, Dontaie Allen just entered the portal. Two years at UK and then last two at Western. I wonder if him and Dayvion are/were buds.