Page 29 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don’t think there is much option. Good guard play is all around. Arguably the two best players from the past two years were mid major guards. Getting all conference type players from mid majors can work.

But like I said, the reality is- If you’re a wing or big transferring from a P5 school, the likelihood is you either A) weren’t good enough to play or B) were solid and the best of the best are coming after you. There are so many transfers I’d imagine there is a middle ground somewhere and examples of it- just think in general that will be the case.

I don’t think X will routinely compete with the best in the sport for the highest portal transfers, especially from P5 schools. They can snag someone every now and then I am sure, but more often than not will have to take some chances on guys who were all conference at a mid major and hope it translates.
    100% correct and realistic

I don’t think there is much option. Good guard play is all around. Arguably the two best players from the past two years were mid major guards. Getting all conference type players from mid majors can work.

But like I said, the reality is- If you’re a wing or big transferring from a P5 school, the likelihood is you either A) weren’t good enough to play or B) were solid and the best of the best are coming after you. There are so many transfers I’d imagine there is a middle ground somewhere and examples of it- just think in general that will be the case.

I don’t think X will routinely compete with the best in the sport for the highest portal transfers, especially from P5 schools. They can snag someone every now and then I am sure, but more often than not will have to take some chances on guys who were all conference at a mid major and hope it translates.
    100% correct and realistic

Supporting Member

Yep 100% for right now. If x gets back to where they were pre Steele, I think that could change a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Only 6’7. Interesting. Can def rebound. Will also be his 6th year, looks like maybe his 2nd year was a medical redshirt year? Only played 6 games.
    Very strange looking stats for this guy. Averaged about 3 Offensive rebounds per game the last 3 years. For defensive rebounds, he averaged about 3 per game the prior 2 years, then suddenly 8 per game this year? New team, so maybe a different role? Also, 96 of his career 105 3pt attempts came this year.

Kind of reminds me of Ben Stanley. Undersized guy that manhandled lower level teams. But Ben couldnt cut it in the Big East....

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I just saw that, very interesting to say the least. Makes me wonder if there was more to the story of him walking away for health reasons than was said publicly. For his sake I certainly hope that he is healthy and can play again, but it’s certainly a little strange.
    He should seek out a program like NKU, assuming he really wants to play. He's a mid-major talent.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Yeah, wtf with that guy? Archie Miller coached him at IU and must have given Sean some inside scoop, right? was he just a rotation guy #7/8 at best when we brought him in as the first portal commit?

And then, was he just so bad that he felt it better to just walk away?

Now hes back and ready to play again?

Big miss, one way or the other, and probably part of last years debacle.
    Archie may have recruited him but he last coached at IU 20-21 and Duncomb’s first year was 21-22.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I looked at the portal link someone posted earlier, but could get to all the conferences.
    The players listed all seemed to be high school seniors, who must have committed earlier to one school, and then entered the portal.
    Is that possible? Before they even graduate from high school?

The other thing that struck me from some of the posts is the talk of a player having an "agent."
    Seems like schools/players use to get in trouble if there was an agent involved with a player.
    (It's possible I'm just dreaming that)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    WHOA! Committed!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marcus-foster

BOOM!

And yes I know people will nitpick and see the 3pt percentage this year, but 6'4 200 and rebounds well at this position.'

It's a good start. 3 more!
    Last edited by Xville; 03-27-2024 at 01:51 PM.

Ducharme has entered the portal. Wonder if he will end up at Miami too
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    WHOA! Committed!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marcus-foster

BOOM!

And yes I know people will nitpick and see the 3pt percentage this year, but 6'4 200 and rebounds well at this position.'

It's a good start. 3 more!
    This is what Big East guards look like.