Page 25 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Yes please? Dude can’t make free throws. Big red flag. No thanks!
    How many 6’9 230 athletic big men that can rebound do you believe are out there that x can get? Florida, South Carolina and Providence are also in the mix. That’s the kind of level x is competing with, not easy.

I’ll deal with a guy that isn’t 100 at free throws if x can get the rest of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...375/sam-alexis

Visit scheduled with x. Yes please.
    Would LOVE to see Sean reel in this kid. He can do it all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlsnbDsz2_Q

Still would probably need to add another big closer to 7’.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    does anyone have a link to a site that has a list of players in the portal? I always seem to find these partial lists (like 20 random guys), but nothing complete (or close to it)
    Not sure how complete this one is but ranking the players as they come into the portal makes it easier for me.
    https://247sports.com/season/2024-ba...sferportaltop/

All-Conference
    Another hard pass. Odom isn’t at this level consistently. That ship has sailed and we need guards who can score at a high clip. He isn’t one of those guards.
    Odom isn't a BE guard. We're not going backwards.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    So it looks like Des is still up in the air. If he goes to the portal would Miller go after Dwon Odom? His name is now in the portal. He still doesn't shoot 3s, 6-14 on the year. But led the team in assists
    Doesn't seem like Des is up in the air to me after hearing them talk about his injury and offseason plan.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Add Gytis to the list.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    How many 6’9 230 athletic big men that can rebound do you believe are out there that x can get? Florida, South Carolina and Providence are also in the mix. That’s the kind of level x is competing with, not easy.

I’ll deal with a guy that isn’t 100 at free throws if x can get the rest of him.
    The guy is a below 50% free throw shooter in his college career. It’s pretty evident that his free throw shooting will always be a problem and will be exploited by other teams. These are the types of guys who cost you games because they can’t make free throws down the stretch. I have no idea how many forwards are out there that can rebound. Quite a few based on the portal. But whats the point when he gets fouled rebounding and you can bank on him missing the front end of a 1 on 1. Maybe a squad player at best but I doubt he would be brought in for that roll. I wouldn’t say his other stats aren’t crazy impressive either based on his competition at a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by A Fan View Post
    Not sure how complete this one is but ranking the players as they come into the portal makes it easier for me.
    https://247sports.com/season/2024-ba...sferportaltop/
    6 of 1st 13 listed as Centers. Should be a good one out there for the taking.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    The guy is a below 50% free throw shooter in his college career. It’s pretty evident that his free throw shooting will always be a problem and will be exploited by other teams. These are the types of guys who cost you games because they can’t make free throws down the stretch. I have no idea how many forwards are out there that can rebound. Quite a few based on the portal. But whats the point when he gets fouled rebounding and you can bank on him missing the front end of a 1 on 1. Maybe a squad player at best but I doubt he would be brought in for that roll. I wouldn’t say his other stats aren’t crazy impressive either based on his competition at a lower level.
    Averaging nearly a double double as a soph at the mid major level is pretty good. 6’9 240 athletic big men do not grow on trees and if the portal is anything like last year, there will not be a lot of big men that x would want that also want to come to x. There is a ton of competition for these guys and x probably needs two of them. Look at the competition for this guy, what do you think it is for someone even better? That cliff o guy is being recruited by every blue blood in the country.

With guards, x can be more selective as there are a ton out there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Reid will be interesting, dealt with an injury that kept him out most of the year, although he wasn't in the rotation early before it, wonder if he gives it another year and if Miller would like him to. I'd be fine with him staying. Not unhappy with anyone who has entered so far, although would have maybe liked to keep one of Abou, Ciani, or Nzeh.
    I suspect he’s gone, but I thought the same thing. He can’t have substantial NIL value nor high-major portal interest. He may want another year to prove he can play at this level, while also creating some NIL value.

Sort of an interesting thought experiment— imagine a random mid-major, like Nebraska-Omaha, made him a significant NIL offer (based solely on his perceived high school potential), say $100K+. Does he take it and forego the dream of playing at the high-major level? That kind of offer might dry up with another year riding the pine. It’s one thing to move down in competition after two or three years in the program, like most of our recent outbound transfers, but I think the calculus might be different after only one year.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb