Page 114 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1713
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    He averaged 30 a game the last season he was fully healthy.

As far as trio, he is speaking about him, free and hunter but you already knew that.

When even Lou is pointing out your consistent negativity, you should probably take a step back and evaluate how you are acting and how people are perceiving you on here. Food for thought.
    See, if you even read my posts I said that I will praise Miller when he does well and criticize him when he doesnÂ’t. LetÂ’s go through my recent praise of Miller shall we? Praised him for getting rid of the fringe players on the squad. Praised him for being in a rotational Big in Hugley. The back court portal guys have been really good so I praise him. Love how my praise of Miller gets overlooked for calling him out after last season. Like I am suppose to be forever greatful after the screw up in the portal last offseason that resulted in the worst season in recent memory of the program. Just food for thought but you CAN praise and criticize a head coach. ItÂ’s ok to do it. If you donÂ’t like people who criticize the coach you can always hit the ignore button because I will praise Miller when he does well and criticize him when he doesnÂ’t. Just like I do all coaches.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    See, if you even read my posts I said that I will praise Miller when he does well and criticize him when he doesnÂ’t. LetÂ’s go through my recent praise of Miller shall we? Praised him for getting rid of the fringe players on the squad. Praised him for being in a rotational Big in Hugley. The back court portal guys have been really good so I praise him. Love how my praise of Miller gets overlooked for calling him out after last season. Like I am suppose to be forever greatful after the screw up in the portal last offseason that resulted in the worst season in recent memory of the program. Just food for thought but you CAN praise and criticize a head coach. ItÂ’s ok to do it. If you donÂ’t like people who criticize the coach you can always hit the ignore button because I will praise Miller when he does well and criticize him when he doesnÂ’t. Just like I do all coaches.
    Yeah you keep saying that, but the reality is that almost every post of yours this entire offseason has been negative about Xavier and miller. It’s fine to be critical, it’s another to just repeat negative post after negative post saying the same thing over and over. I made a post about Hugley’s tweet and it was another subtle dig at miller/xu about the same thing. Your prerogative I guess. You’d think if multiple people are telling you the same thing, that maybe some self awareness would be in order.

Welcome to the X family Mr. Hugley!

Looking forward to you, the other incoming transfers, our returning core players and our incoming freshman getting us to our first Final 4 next season.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah you keep saying that, but the reality is that almost every post of yours this entire offseason has been negative about Xavier and miller. ItÂ’s fine to be critical, itÂ’s another to just repeat negative post after negative post saying the same thing over and over. I made a post about HugleyÂ’s tweet and it was another subtle dig at miller/xu about the same thing. Your prerogative I guess. YouÂ’d think if multiple people are telling you the same thing, that maybe some self awareness would be in order.
    Some self-awareness coming from a guy who made a recent post about fornication with another posters mom? IÂ’m with Xuperman on how XU Lou or Uncle Lou gets banned for his comments but nothing seems to happen with a post like that. I have given my valid reasons for criticism under Miller since the mess up of the front court last offseason. Still a long ways to go in the portal and hopefully Miller has learned his lesson from last year and picks up a starting 5. We should find out within a month. You may not want to read this but Foster was a solid pickup by Miller and the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    30 minutes a game? He averaged just under 18 minutes a game at Oklahoma. I would say 15-20 minutes a game is more of a realistic number. Still need an impact starting center to complete the front court.
    This is what is possible.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ball/year/2022

There is alot here that shows real impact potential. 18 boards vs Syracuse. 32 points vs BC. Shows ability to draw contact at a high clip. Pretty impressive numbers for a Soph on a real shitty team. That tells me he can stay motivated and focused.....hopefully he is "vocal leader" material.

Here is where things get really exciting. IF these 5 guys can stay healthy and get close to their career numbers, X is Championship caliber.
    McKnight
    Claude
    Hunter
    Fremantle
    Hugely

Man, the experience in that group is off the chart AND you have another 5th year stud in Foster. Bring in the Young Guns consistently in rotation, and Miller will wreak some havoc!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I’m sure that Miller anxiously awaits the opinions of various posters regarding his “failures” and need to “learn a lesson” from last year. I imagine that he is checking this board on a consistent basis for advice and ideas on who to pursue and the best way to bring those players to X. I’m sure he is checking to see the feedback on the recruits and how they should fit into the game plan regarding the minutes they should play and what kind of player he should expect them to be. I’m sure that he waits breathlessly to see if he will be praised or complained about. I wonder if these same people tell the priests what lessons they should try to get across in their sermons? Children, please.

One last thing for those “he needs to bring in an impact big” people……exactly who do you have in mind?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I’m sure that Miller anxiously awaits the opinions of various posters regarding his “failures” and need to “learn a lesson” from last year. I imagine that he is checking this board on a consistent basis for advice and ideas on who to pursue and the best way to bring those players to X. I’m sure he is checking to see the feedback on the recruits and how they should fit into the game plan regarding the minutes they should play and what kind of player he should expect them to be. I’m sure that he waits breathlessly to see if he will be praised or complained about. I wonder if these same people tell the priests what lessons they should try to get across in their sermons? Children, please.

One last thing for those “he needs to bring in an impact big” people……exactly who do you have in mind?
    That's what I don't understand from a couple of posters here. What does this even mean and what do you think is possible? There is a limited supply of the 5 position even available (Ballo, Cliff, Raynaud, Aidoo) and X isn't going to get one of them. They didn't get them before NIL, so why would X get them now? Those guys go to blue bloods predominantly. Below that are the Hugley's of the world which we just got. Get one more of those and with a healthy Free, our frontcourt is going to be in great shape.

Does anybody know the story why when he transferred to OU, he got hurt or didn't play much?
    I heard something about this past year he had mental health issues and surgery to fix a meniscus.

His Pitt stats are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Does anybody know the story why when he transferred to OU, he got hurt or didn't play much?
    I heard something about this past year he had mental health issues and surgery to fix a meniscus.

His Pitt stats are impressive.
    This is what interests me. His Pitt number were great. But he missed a lot of games at OU and didn’t play a lot of minutes when he did play. What are the circumstances there?

Very similar to Nunge in that sense.

Also, what was his ranking in the portal? I know everyone will say it doesn’t matter but humor me. I’d like to understand if evaluators think of him as the player he was at Pitt, or was there something about his time at OU that has been a concern.

Last point….if Hugley can be “Pitt productive” for 15 minutes a game I’d take Abou back. I think that’s about what we would settle for anyway. He’s good on defense and can rim protect a little bit.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

Last point….if Hugley can be “Pitt productive” for 15 minutes a game I’d take Abou back. I think that’s about what we would settle for anyway. He’s good on defense and can rim protect a little bit.
    That’s an interesting idea. X seems to have the kid from Miami who seems like a slightly more polished Nzeh, if they want him. Athletic, can run the floor. Maybe a decent pick and roll option. 3 years left but still more of a project like Nzeh. As frustrating as Abou was, I can maybe see him getting back up minutes and being solid in that role.