Page 131 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1713
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Maybe X will do the 1996 UK "5 replace 5" strategy and run teams to death
    I remember Brian Gregory used to do that at VD. I found it strange. These guys are 18-22 years old, not 15-year NBA vets with aging knees. Plus, what future recruit would want to play in a system like that?

I also loved playing against it because it always felt like no one was able to get into a rhythm. I’m sure there are better ways to do it than how he did it, but given how much I liked playing against it I can’t say I’d be excited to see it employed.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Junior
    I don't follow the recruiting nearly as much as many of you. I was under the impression that the center from Ok State (Garrison) was visiting this weekend. Is that correct?
    zip em up

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Unless green transfers. I’d bet Powell gets very little if no time by the time conference play starts. Just the life of a freshman in this period.
    I agree. I hope the addition of the new guards does not have him reconsider his options. He should have a great future .

Unless green transfers. I’d bet Powell gets very little if no time by the time conference play starts. Just the life of a freshman in this period.
    Who knows. This kind of tall is all speculation. Powell could step in and be a significant contributor right away. It could just come down to how quickly and how well he can adjust to the speed of the college game.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Who knows. This kind of tall is all speculation. Powell could step in and be a significant contributor right away. It could just come down to how quickly and how well he can adjust to the speed of the college game.
    Ever heard of Derrick Brown? Powell has MASS GAME.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Sure. But from the guys who see miller almost if not every day and miller himself, they have basically said in so many words to not expect much contribution this year.

I see xuperman said Derrick brown.. sure but we heard about how incredible brown was for an entire year, just like blueitt. We aren’t hearing that about Powell. I’m sure Powell can be a great player, but I’m going off of what the guys around miller and the team have said.

Sophomore
    Sure. But from the guys who see miller almost if not every day and miller himself, they have basically said in so many words to not expect much contribution this year.

I see xuperman said Derrick brown.. sure but we heard about how incredible brown was for an entire year, just like blueitt. We aren’t hearing that about Powell. I’m sure Powell can be a great player, but I’m going off of what the guys around miller and the team have said.
    Wasn’t Brown redshirted, or am I having an episode?
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Wasn’t Brown redshirted, or am I having an episode?
    Correct and during that whole year I remember hearing almost every day how good he was.

I dunno if it’s really even a thing anymore unless there is an injury but I do wonder what if Powell redshirted? Just curious

Sophomore
    Correct and during that whole year I remember hearing almost every day how good he was.

I dunno if it’s really even a thing anymore unless there is an injury but I do wonder what if Powell redshirted? Just curious
    Ahhh, gotcha. I thought you were referring to the year leading up to his arrival on campus.

Incidentally, Aden Holloway is transferring from Auburn to Alabama; former MDAA. That’s gotta sting.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Avila to SLU, as expected